LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say you got an old engine that has had its fair share of abuse, oil changes left and right.. And you want pure clean oil runing through it without previous oil contamination..

how would you go about flushing your engine of old oil?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
there are additives available that you put in right before an oil change and with running the motor at higher RPM for a few minutes are supposed to clean up old gunk. i wouldn't advise using them on a higher mileage engine due to the fact that that gunk is all that is sealing up the motor and it may burn oil after.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
best bet is to change the oil more often than usual......like after you first put the engine in the car, then like 1500 or 1000 miles....till the oil doesn't look so black...

but beware, having new detergents in the oil may cause oil leaks from the gaskets...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i make sure the engine is warm before a tuneup..

i changed the oil, i first checked the dipstick and it was kinda clear but once i ran it around the block a few times, and checked it again it was black.. i figured id ask around here about it before getting frustrated.

i did however put some of that seafoam in the engine, carb and gas tank. Hopefully that will clean it out real nice.

then i'll change the oil again after about 1000 or so miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts