LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the easiest way to mount a cd player in my glove box, not the ghetto way with just tyin it down, but mountin wood in it, than mountin the cd player in it, what would be the easiest way to do this in a 87 caprice, so i can keep it lookin original, i know how to do the wiring n shit but n e pics of n e ones done for ideas or how to's?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
ive seen and read a couple of these posts, and i still dont understand why would someone mount a cd player in the glove compartment?

i tried to justify it by saying, maybe there isnt an opening on the dash to mount one, but the i said, why now build a mount to attach to the bottom portion of the dash....

thank god for remotes and cd changers i guess, that be the only way to operate the HU safely...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by didimakeyascream@Sep 4 2005, 10:44 PM~3752351
im wantin to put mine in the glove box to make the interior look stock n clean...
gotcha ;) ... so for like a '63, you would place it in the glove box so that it still looks as if it has its old school radio, and all...

i get ya, but what about the '90 and up vehicles, what the reason there...

-qs

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, on my towncar, i just took it out, but the car i got now, which is an 87, i put it in tha glove box, cuz it looks better original to me, to where the tc pretty much had an updated lookin cd player which was factory in it....

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it done, looks pretty good for it bein tha first one ive done, ill get pics up asap...

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres mine that i just did, its the first one if done too, looks pretty damn good i think, what ya guys think? Pics kinda dark tho

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 4 2005, 10:38 AM~3749590

Can we get a How to on this?

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill get better pics of the one i did, with the radio in it, as soon as i get the cam back from my buddy.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
extend a few wires
use some abs plastic or 1/4" thick mdf to make a mounting surface... secure it and go about ur business

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
TTT

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by tlc64impala@Sep 29 2005, 09:11 AM~3908518
TTT
why u bumpin old ass threads :confused:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
maybe someone have some more pictures stupid

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by tlc64impala@Sep 30 2005, 04:23 PM~3918051
maybe someone have some more pictures stupid
well if you cant figure it out from the pictures posted and a brief description you are the one thats truly stupid....

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 30 2005, 03:35 PM~3918144
well if you cant figure it out from the pictures posted and a brief description you are the one thats truly studpid....
Look man. some people in here are not experts and maybe just getting in to things like this, so pictures along with a good description is helpful

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by tlc64impala@Oct 2 2005, 08:29 AM~3926679
Look man. some people in here are not experts and maybe just getting in to things like this, so pictures along with a good description is helpful
well, if your really that depserate, and still wanna install one in the glove box, i'll recomend a few things you could do and buy, first off, your gonna have to run all your own power wires, unless your gonna try to use the stock wiring harness somehow...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Peib5uLJBik/c...752&I=120999000

something like that, and you can use your imagination on how to make a piece that makes it cover the whole opening of the glove box.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
well homie im not depserate ,my car has been done. and I myself really dont like it in the glove box,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts