LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the '39 Chevy Coupe Lowrider model car and wanted to open the doors and trunk but how do you hindge the doors and trunk. :uh:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
well what chu do is ya sorta get a bit of brass wire and bend it like a L shape and maybe get a piss small bit of tube asnd cut it short and glue the L shapoed bit onto the door or what ever and have on of the lengths sittin inside of the tube thers another way i think i just cant think atm

·
Registered
598 Posts
the way i've alwayz done it.... iz... go to dunkin dougnuts n get one of those brown coffe straws.... and then get solder... put the solder inside the straw cut it to the size and do the L shape but the str8'n it back out and glue it by the inside so the door is aligned right.... but glue it with hot glue or crazy glue so it holds good... then after its dry the door should open and close....

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR TrEaT@Jul 31 2003, 12:41 PM
the way i've alwayz done it.... iz... go to dunkin dougnuts n get one of those brown coffe straws.... and then get solder... put the solder inside the straw cut it to the size and do the L shape but the str8'n it back out and glue it by the inside so the door is aligned right.... but glue it with hot glue or crazy glue so it holds good... then after its dry the door should open and close....
wouldnt solder be to weak to hold the shape when opening and closing the door :dunno:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
WELL IF YOU HAVE THE ISSUE OF LRB WITH THE "KNIGHTS QUEST" BIKE ON THE COVER (98' 99' I THINK) IT HAS A FULL TECH ON IT.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Originally posted by lowcrome+Jul 31 2003, 12:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowcrome @ Jul 31 2003, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tRiCk oR TrEaT@Jul 31 2003, 12:41 PM
wouldnt solder be to weak to hold the shape when opening and closing the door :dunno:[/b][/quote]
never given me a problem... the straw does a good job holding it in place....lol

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
hey i use uncoated wire and small coffee straws, make the hinge and use tha coffee strawto glue to the inside and let the door swing open

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys dose any one have any pictures of their hindge work.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
does anyone still use paper clips or something for door hinges?? I member a homie of mine used to do it, but like way bak in the days.

·
Registered
134 Posts
just right click tha url and click on properties an copy tha site and pasteit on your adress bar
;)

Last edited by h-town's playa at Aug 1 2003, 03:13 PM

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts