LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1971 Impala with 18" telescopics in the rear. After the first stage is out, I realized that the brake hose causes a bind. It goes to a T fitting, and stops the car from raising any further... I need to make this brake hose longer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
YL.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Originally posted by Yeah-Low@Sep 15 2005, 09:35 AM~3819843
I have a 1971 Impala with 18" telescopics in the rear. After the first stage is out, I realized that the brake hose causes a bind. It goes to a T fitting, and stops the car from raising any further... I need to make this brake hose longer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
YL.
they should sale brake lines at your local autopart store. just get one thats longer then the ones thats one there. your gonna have to bend it yourself though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should mention that I work at O'Reilly Auto parts. We don't have anything that will work in this application.
All we have is stock replacement. What I need is a custom HOSE, not hard line. It has to be flexible. (18" of travel man, eighteen inches!)
Besides the hose on there is flexible, because of where it is located. It runs from the car to the rear end.

Thanks for the advice on the Caddy, Krewl. I like answers like that one... I might have to do that...

YL.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
most of the local hydraulic supply stores (where you get your hose's and fittings) can make them for you, just ask them and take what you have then tell them how much longer you need it

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by Yeah-Low@Sep 15 2005, 08:58 AM~3819942
I guess I should mention that I work at O'Reilly Auto parts. We don't have anything that will work in this application.
All we have is stock replacement. What I need is a custom HOSE, not hard line. It has to be flexible. (18" of travel man, eighteen inches!)
Besides the hose on there is flexible, because of where it is located. It runs from the car to the rear end.

Thanks for the  advice on the Caddy, Krewl. I like answers like that one... I might have to do that...

YL.
There is one for something but I don't remember the part number. :angry: Unhook the hose from the line and take the line out of the frame and bend it down, don't worry about hooking it to anything it will be fine. Unless you dropped the trailing arm mounts you won't use even half of the cylinder. I don'y know what pumps you are using but all the ones I've ever used would snap the brakeline easy.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I have a part number at the shop it should work, get back at you tom..

·
Registered
178 Posts
any larger auto parts can order you an extended stainless 3/16 male to male flex line, just find out how much longer you need, i wouldnt change the mount of the t-block off the frame....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
i'm guessing the hose that gets taught is the 'flexi' join, i had a set of three stainless hoses made up longer than stock at a place in the US and posted back to the UK pretty cheap (couldn't get the right fittings here in the UK), the place i used was www.racepartsolutions.com well worth a try in my opinon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts