LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok these stencils are designed to be stuck onto the car and then airbrushed over.. does anybody know if they can be pinstriped instead of airbrushed? would it still work and has anybody ever tried?

G

·
WHY WOULD YOU WANT A STENCIL?? THE WHOLE POINT OF STRIPES IS TO HAVE ART APPLIED BY HAND. THE ARTISAN'S WORK IS WHAT MAKES THE END RESULT PRESTIGIOUS.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i agree but i dont have money for all the striping i want.. this way will still look amazing and be WAYYYYYYYY cheaper

·
Registered
685 Posts
The only other way i can think of thats cheap to do it is the old rice paper trick.

1. Get the design you want (( you already have it and in a good format ))

2. Go buy from a craft or hobby store some rice paper.

3. Gut/size it so that your Inkjet printer will accept it.

4. Print the design out on the rice paper.

5. Give your car the first two coats of Clear then lay the Ricepaper design on it carefuly while its still a little tacky.

6. Clear over it a few more times.

7. The Clear will actualy disolve the rice paper completly and leave the Ink inbetween the layers of clear. Thus the design will be imprinted in the layers of clear.

(( Just a note: Try this out with a smaller project first. I have never personaly done this but have heard about it from many of good painters. Might be worth a try. Cheap and semingly easy. ))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts