LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 87 monte carlo lux sport wit the stock 4.3 fuel injection motor. i was wondering if anyone has ever put on a aftermarket exhuast that sounding like a v8. you know that hard thumping sound. i dont want to do a swap because im saving up for switches. tell what kind of setup you guys have. thanks!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
FLORIDA WHAT?! MAN YOU BALLIN' OUTTA K-O-N-T-R-O-L!

Now that im done with the formals, you need to realize just how much sarcasm i threw at you, and then take Chris's advice.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
first, call mr good wrench . when he awnsers tell him you need a 350 h.o. motor . then go to your friendly auto parts store and buy some flowmasters. then install motor and drive the car to midas and have them install the mufflers . then you can drive off knowin you have made your v-6 sound like a v8!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
juice with 22s il trade ya for some 13s ???

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Hooker Super Comp headers, 2 1/2 exhaust flowing dual to a set of glasspacks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
it's hard to get that v8 sound... you can modify the exhaust to try to get the hard rumbling sound....

a lot of that sound comes from a bigger cam, bigger heads, etc...

i've seen some super big race v6's on super comp dragsters running 8.9 seconds in the quarter and they always had that distinct higher pitch v6 sound...

i would make the car have a nice clean v6 sound... i'd try to make the car as smooth as possible espically because you're gonna be installing switches... let the switches do the talking, not the exhaust...

;)

Last edited by genob at Sep 11 2003, 07:21 AM

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 11 2003, 03:17 AM
glasspacks
glass packed mufflers will make it sound like a ricer
go with some good flowmasters
i personally have a single inlet, dual outlet Xcelerator muffler and it is about as close to a v8 sound as you will get..... at idle you can't even tell any difference at all

·
NO BITCH!!
101 Posts
Originally posted by Chris+Sep 11 2003, 10:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris @ Sep 11 2003, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--luxsporton22z@Sep 11 2003, 04:37 PM
thanks for all the advice. oh, and i am NOT going to put switches on 22s. im not that stupid.
you were stupid enough to put 22's on it in the first place..... :0 :uh:[/b][/quote]
i agree lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts