LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

got my cali k/o's today and want to put them on my ride.
They got two white and two red adapters. Where do I put
which one ? The car is a rear wheel drive......

Do you put little grease or something in the nut before
hammering it on the adapter ? Heard that but doesn't
it make the rim come loose?

Does it matter at all what adapter I put on which side
or is it only important to put the nuts as engraved on
left on right ???

Thanks 4 the info

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
red right
white left
i forgot wha kind of grease i used...something wit a L i think spray it on the thread of the adapter
when u set the rim in place make sure the teeth catch the adapter..(just put in hard on the rim and try to move it so it sinks into the adapter teeth)
when ur gonna put the front ones on have someone press the brake inside the car so the wheel dont move
once u put it on and are hittin the spinner make sure its tight then drop the car and hit it one or 2 more times...

every 100 miles hit the spinner once hard...do that for like the first 300 miles then just hit them once a week or everyother week...

if u put the adpater on the wrong sides the wheel will come off.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
red passanger side
white driver side

I think the grease Calvin is talking about maybe Lithium grease. I've heard people say not to use that. The stuff to use is called Anti-Sieze lubricant. You can get it from any parts store. when you use it, i would suggest wearing gloves cuz the shit is nasty and hard to get off your hands if you get it on there.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the grease for gettign the adapter of soem time later,
like that it doesn't stick like becomes almost one pice
with the adapter?

.....or did you spray on something like a screw-glue that
makes that thing stick extra fat to the adapter ?

well thanks though for the first hints

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by Classic Mercy@Jul 27 2003, 08:36 PM
is the grease for gettign the adapter of soem time later,
like that it doesn't stick like becomes almost one pice
with the adapter?

Its not to get teh adapter off, but so that the Spinner/KO will not be stuck to the adapter permanantly. Remember, get ANTI-SIEZE LUBRICANT. Another helpful hint on the adapters, your KO's should always tighten towards the rear of the car, if they don't, you have the adapters on the wrong side.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
red-right aka passanger
white-left-drivers

make sure k/os tighten towards rear of car

and anti-seeze lube from NAPA workes for me :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe+Jul 28 2003, 09:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (83Coupe @ Jul 28 2003, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Classic Mercy@Jul 28 2003, 05:44 AM
check this out for pricing

http://midwayautosupply.com/detailedproduc...iption.asp?2372
that right there wouldn't be enough for 4 wheels. Just go to a Napa or something similar. I got the small jar from Napa and it cost me like $6 or something like that.[/b][/quote]
That's MORE than enough for 4 wheels. Allyou need is enough to cover your fingertip and just spread it pependicular to your threads in one spot. You don't want to goop the stuff on 'cause you'll be wasting it. Those adapters and caps are pretty well machined and spinning the cap on will spread it pretty evenly.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by PCLoLo@Jul 28 2003, 01:54 AM
how much is the anti-seeze stuff
like $5-$6 tops, and get the GRAY STUFF ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
thanks I'll be putting my k/o's on this weekend we gotta a lowrider show here so I'm trying to roll out and take some pics. I got some pics of my car and rims but give me some time to get em developed and I'll post em up here~1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts