LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i got a jeep cherokee and i am plannin on running 2 kicker l7 15's, but alright hers my questions

a) what is the cheapest way to properly power these, could one jbl 1200.1 do it, im 17 moneys the problem... but i dont want to spend the money on subs and then not give em enough power when i could just run l5's

b) what kind of box should i run, i was plannin on sealed givin em 4-6 feet a peice if possible, will ported make that much of a difference. because ill be building the box and i dont know if i can pull that off. do i need to double layer any of the mdf?

c) i got 4 gauge goin back all the way will this be good enough?

any comments are appreciated, thanks for all your help.. past and present

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
15L7s need, as a rule of thumb, a lot of power to get them moving. you can't play them like you can play an 18" XXX, and feed it 400W and get it to still sound good... if its RMS is 1000W, then feeding it any less than 600W would be pointless, and it would sound like shit too.

if money's the problem, and you're afraid you won't be able to afford the L7s and a box, and an amp, then go with 15" L5s my friend had the same problem as you and he has never looked back since he got his 15" L5s instead of L7s.

as far as wire size, depends what amp you get. run 2 gauge to an amp though, unless it's a 2000W or something, then 0 gauge

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
in their perfect enclosure, in the perfect box, powered by the perfect watts, and with the perfect song, probably in the 160s

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man... any suggestions on an amp or amps for the L7's, ive had 4 audiobahn 120t's and i underpowered em... im tired of wasting my money soo i wanna put up the money and get good stuff this time so i dont change it for a long time.. jus i wanna know whats the cheapest way of goin about this?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
well like i said, you have to get pretty close to the L7s RMS to get them to sound good... you could run a good 1500W amp to them, or if you want to go all out and get an 1800W or even 2000... it depends how much you want to spend

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinkin 2 jbl bp 1200.1's cuz those arent to expensive. ive heard you can get em for like 285 a piece. but those might put out to much power. i think they make 1400 rms with 14 volts and good wiring. could i run 3 subs off 2 amps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts