LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Player wire rims with the hex. I have a wrench and a rubber mallet. What is the process for removing the rim. I seems like hitting the hex will only tighten it. Also, because it is a 64 impala there is not much clearance. I almost hit the fender everytime I strike the rim. Please help. I need to change my brakes. Does anyone have an illustration? Thanks Family

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Oct 8 2003, 10:22 AM
and use a lead hammer
He has a hex and a wrench, not a spinner.

And also, make sure you're trying to loosen the hex by turning it towards the FRONT of the car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Try placing a rag between wrench and hex, or a rubber jar opener, wedge it on and have someone push against it while you wack the hex wrench with a heavy mallot, like the hard orange ones Snap-on tools make. Was there any Lithium grease used on the adapter when it was originally put on? You have to have it greased, or that fucker is not coming off easy at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by HULKHERCULES1@Oct 8 2003, 01:09 PM
R U saying that if I am on the drivers side hit the hex clock-wise or counter clock wise? :uh:
Counter-clockwise on the driver's side.
Clockwise on the passenger side.

They always tighten to the rear, loosen to the front.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Oct 8 2003, 04:25 PM

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Oct 8 2003, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Oct 8 2003, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--HULKHERCULES1@Oct 8 2003, 01:09 PM
R U saying that if I am on the drivers side hit the hex clock-wise or counter clock wise? :uh:

They always tighten to the rear, loosen to the front.[/b][/quote]
Dont argue with the master if I respect some in here that knows alot is bouncin89merc2low97lhs he knows what he is sayin I been learning a lot from him ;) :cheesy: :cool:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Oct 8 2003, 04:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Oct 8 2003, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 03:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--HULKHERCULES1
@Oct 8 2003, 01:09 PM

They always tighten to the rear, loosen to the front.
Dont argue with the master if I respect some in here that knows alot is bouncin89merc2low97lhs he knows what he is sayin I been learning a lot from him ;) :cheesy: :cool:[/b][/quote]
Hey, thanks a lot, man. I try whenever I can. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts