LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the antenna that goes up when you put the radio on and retracts when you put the radio off... i can't seem to find a way to get to it! i need to replace it with a junkyard one, but other than removing the entire fender, i can't see how else to get it! Anyone got any tips?

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
there usually are some holes in the inner fender...may fit thru there but if not the fender might have to come off

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Jan 10 2004, 05:35 PM
the antenna that goes up when you put the radio on and retracts when you put the radio off... i can't seem to find a way to get to it! i need to replace it with a junkyard one, but other than removing the entire fender, i can't see how else to get it! Anyone got any tips?
why not put in a new one so you have to change that junkyard one agian in a few months?

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
remove the cap screw on the fender...then two bolts on the inside lip of of the fender...turn your wheel all the way to the left, jack the right corner, remove lower plastic fender piece (sometimes you have to take out/loosen some of the metal inner fender screws for more room)...you'll see a bracket bolt - remove it, disconnect plug and ant cable, remove assembly down through bottom....you can get replacements at any parts store or dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts