LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm, my friend robert who is installing my bags for me is kind of having problems figuring out where exactly to run the air line. im going to be running dual 1/2" lines, compression style fittings and hose. if any of you have any suggestions or pictures (preferably) on how to run the air line so it wont rub anywhere and tear, any suggestions or PICTURES would be helpful.

the hose is a type of plastic/nylon hose that cant be bent as easily as the rubber hose. i can make curves and all, but just not as much as i could with rubber hose.

·
Registered
856 Posts
what if you welded in the brackets and supported them well(reinforce) so that the top bracket was basically a part of the frame, and then cut out the top of the circle?that way you would have like a 4 inch hole to work with.

just an idea

good luck

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
just use grommets and sleeves in the places where the line could rub, also soak the hose in hot water for a while before you try running the line. It will soften it up and make it easier to bend.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, 1/2" air line doesn't like to make tight bends. I ran the line on my Ram down the outside of the frame rail and used cable clamps with rubber linings to hold them to the frame. The plastic line sitting against the side of the frame rail isn't going to hurt anything. Where you want to be careful is where it runs past a sharp edge or goes through a hole. Use grommets for holes and shield the line around those sharp edges. You can use stuff like rubber hose to shield the lines. Keep the lines away from the exhaust and moving suspension parts that could rub on it. Just take your time and it'll turn out alright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts