LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search but seems most people ask what type of charger. anyways i'm gona do a 5 battery/ 60 volt system. i vibing off the idea of my starting battery charger. can i just put the multi battery charger on 5 amps and just let it sit? i usally keep my car in the garage and MAYBE start it once a week. i think that schumacher 1072 is the one i'll be buying from a friend. i just wanna keep my batteries fully chargered without them melting or catching fire

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
if using the schumaker, keep it on 5 amps. 10 amps seems to burn up the insides of it.
i charge mine when i leave for work, then turn it off later that night so you should be fine sleeping with it on

always check the charger, mine poped a fuse and i couldnt tell. it still hummed like it was charging and the needle showed just under full charge. had to tap the positive ont he positive post of the battery and look for a spark ( there was none ) changed the fuse, and now its all good

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so on my rck of 5 batts, just put the positive on one end of row of batts on the positive terminal, and the negative on the other end of batts on the negative terminal, do i have to unhook the ground?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
it's always wise to unhook the ground.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
the black goes to the negative of the first battery in the series, the red to the positive of the last

1 - 5 of 5 Posts