LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are just finishing up a 62 for a friend and he wants to tuck reverse 14 x 7's and they tuck but they also rub in the front.. the uppers were extended 1 inch but were spaced back with shims just about a 1/2 inch.. ive seen alot of 62's tucking 14's and i dont know how.. we can tuck these but they just rub on the inside of the fenderwell..

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will reverse 13's fit? the 14's will barely clear the drums.. And its not my car.. we are doin it for someone else.. Those are just the wheels he brought over and said to put on..

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Aug 30 2006, 10:38 AM~6073231
will reverse 13's fit? the 14's will barely clear the drums.. And its not my car.. we are doin it for someone else.. Those are just the wheels he brought over and said to put on..
yea they will

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
put a little more spring!

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Aug 30 2006, 11:38 AM~6073231
wow, are you asking that? for real :banghead:

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by Frogg@Aug 30 2006, 10:22 AM~6072847
why the fuck are u putting 14''s on an impala in the first place?
HAHAHAHAHA,,,tru tru!!!

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
my homie had 14/7 reversed on his 64 with dros they tucked no problem when car was dropped down and he had 185/70/14 tires

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well we came to find out that tucking wheel is one of the least of our problems.. Now when i hit about 45 goin down the road the car shakes like nothing iver ever seen before.. i think its the front end.. any clue what it could be..

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Aug 30 2006, 09:13 PM~6077081
well we came to find out that tucking wheel is one of the least of our problems.. Now when i hit about 45 goin down the road the car shakes like nothing iver ever seen before.. i think its the front end.. any clue what it could be..
the impala is telling you take the dam 14s of and put some 13s

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Aug 30 2006, 10:13 PM~6077081
jack the car up and have someone turn the steering wheel. you should be able to tell were the play is coming from. probably just a worn idler arm.

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we jacked it up and jerked on the wheel and the steering shit has alot of play in it.. but it ass seems to be held together by balljoints.. and we both looked at it for a while and couldnt find anything to tighten that would stop the play

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i meant to say it ALL seems .. my bad typo.. But all the steering components are attatched to the frame by 1 balljoint it seems.. we also found out another reason the car shakes so bad.. drive shaft is bent.. i told the guy the frame wasn't notched out for the drive shaft yet.. but he got in and started hittin switches anyway.. locked the rear up and bent the drive shaft.. He says he knows where to find another one for $50 so we are gonna go get it tomorrow and see how that works out..

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Aug 31 2006, 08:50 PM~6083141
i meant to say it ALL seems .. my bad typo.. But all the steering components are attatched to the frame by 1 balljoint it seems.. we also found out another reason the car shakes so bad.. drive shaft is bent.. i told the guy the frame wasn't notched out for the drive shaft yet.. but he got in and started hittin switches anyway.. locked the rear up and bent the drive shaft.. He says he knows where to find another one for $50 so we are gonna go get it tomorrow and see how that works out..
wont work any better unless you cut the center of the frame out to clearance so the driveshaft can drop...

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive already cut it out.. i think ima have to go back and trim some more out tho to get it closer to the edges of the frame.. some line was in the damn way and i had to go around it..

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
if you absolutly have to go with 14s cuz your roads may be fucked up you should try 14x6 you cant tell the difference between 14x6 and 14x7

1 - 20 of 25 Posts