LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to wire up a 1990-92 RWD Cadillac Fleetwood dash cluster so I can bench test,and check the milage numbers on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by MONSTERGATE1@May 26 2011, 10:35 PM~20638345
Anybody know how to wire up a 1990-92 RWD Cadillac Fleetwood dash cluster so I can bench test,and check the milage numbers on it.

Thanks.
Got it.It took me over an hour to figure it out,but I did it.The killer part is its so simple.All you do is take all the wires on the cluster and strip the ends.Take the two black ground wires on the cluster and connect them together.Then take all the other wires thats left,and connect them together.Then you take a cordless battery,and run two lead wires from the two post.One lead will be postive,the other negative.Attach one lead to the two black ground wires,and attach the other lead to the remaining wires.It should light up,and display the gas,left and right arrows bright light and mileage.On my battery it dosent say which post is neg or pos, so if you dont get anything after you connect the leads to the wires from the cluster,try switching the leads.Check all the connections to make sure everything is connected.If you still get nothing,the cluster may be bad.Heres some pics I took to show how I did it .Hope it help :happysad: ;) MG1.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@May 27 2011, 08:48 AM~20640103
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=331170

prob tells you how in here
Thanks CoupeDTS.I went through that article,and it great for showing you how to switch your 1980s cluster to a 1990-92.But for what I needed,which was how to bench test a 1990-92 digital dash cluster,It was no help.It funny,back when they wrote that article people were placing their 1990-92 clusters into their 1980s dashes.Now they are replacing their whole 1980s dash boards with 1990-92 dash boards.And to take it one step further now their just taking the 2 doors 1980-85 Feetwoods and Devilles and switching the frames to 1990-92 RWD frames.That way all you need to do is unplug the wiring at the firewall and when you make the switch plug it back in ,CRAZY :biggrin: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts