LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you strip paint faster then sanding it down its killing me and my time and piant thinner dont work wut do i do i wanna take all the paint off

·
Registered
512 Posts
TRY THIS STUFF CALLED "MODEL AIRPLANE REMOVER" I BELEIVE THATS WHAT ITS CALLED. MY FRIEND HAD IT AND I REMEBER IT HAD A STUPID NAME.
WELL ANY WAYS IT LOOKS LIKE LIGHT BROWN-GREENISH BABY FOOD AND IN A MATTER OF SECONDS IT WILL STRIP ALL PAINT INCLUDING PRIMER DOWN TO METAL. ILL GO TO MY FRIEND HOUSE TO DAY AND FIND OUT THE EXACT NAME AND WHERE HE GOT IT. ITS TRULY WORTH EVERY DOLLAR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unless you plan to take it completely down to metal. DO NOT use this stuff... It does a damn fine job of removing paint.. However it if you get it on your wheels it will eat through your tires, take all the finish off your wheels, ect. Anything thing it touches is gone instantly.

If you do choose to use Aircraft paint remover. WEAR GLOVES. and a mask.. this shit is killer... literally....

From your other post it sounds to me like you are using an electric sander.. It got a little out of hand and now you have SPOTS down to metal... what I would recomend is stoping where you are... Get a rattle can of primer... prime the spots ... and then do some research on the proper equipment and technique on how to effectivly sand your car. Then when you feel comfortable start over. Get some 220 grit and wet sand the car.... When you do this be very carefull around the areas down to metal. You most likely have made waves in the paint, which will show up later on... Once you have the body smooth SHOOT the car with a heavy primer. "not spray can primer" .... After you have primer on the whole thing you will see if the paint is wavey and you can correct it then...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes ino wut im doing the spots that are down to metal is becuz there was rust there and you need to get rid of it so thats wut i did

1 - 5 of 5 Posts