LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
few newcat questions\\\\\\\\\\...i just got the setup two days ago i hit the swiches about 10 times a day ...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
youll know u need new seals when the pump isnt lifting the car up and u know how to diagnose the problems without having to takin anything apart first.

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how long does it take before they usual go bad...

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
That question has been stuck in "should last more than a few hits" gear but no one actually knows when the'll go out.a day,a month,half a year,years,decades....no one can give you a time frame,but if there brand spankin new "they should" last ...........
Originally posted by bigtroubles1@Sep 23 2007, 01:42 PM~8853019
how long does it take before they usual go bad...

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Depends on what seals your talking about. Also depands on the quality of your parts, the quality of the install, and how hard you are on your equipment. I f you know what your doing on the switches. You can hit it all day long with no problems. But if your overlocking alot. Then the seals and other parts wont last long. The pump seals sholud last a long time if installed right. I always take the gear off and hone the surface of the block completely flat and then reinstall the gear with 27 ft lbs of torque. I hone the block because alot these parts are mass produced so quality control is not very tight. I believe that it is up to the installer to make sure everything is right .

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
also depends on how often u use them and definately overlockin in any fashion would lower the life span of ur gears, components and seals

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
change all seals once a year as preventitive maintenance

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Sep 24 2007, 07:49 AM~8857737
change all seals once a year as preventitive maintenance

ive noticed the newer gears..dont last for shit and most times by thr time seals blow the gear is fucked... :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Sep 24 2007, 08:19 PM~8861593
The gears are made to wear out .
yeah ive heard that,they push more volume or something like that as the gear wears the p/h casings,any more info on this?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Trust me you will know when you need new seals. If your seals in your cylinders get worn there will be oil everywhere, if seals in your dumps go out, oil will go everywhere, and etc...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts