LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert a 58 or 60 impala into a wagon as you all know
but my problems are these things:On the 58 the back lights
on the impala it has 3 on each side but on the wagon it has 1 on each like in the pic.so my question is how would I cut it out so I can convert it to a 1 light version?



on the 60 everything work out using the "Bad Actor" model)except for one little thing,the back,because if you put the trunk lid from the bad actor one than it will stand out because the back of the impala is strait but the wagon its more edgy like this,and also what top should I use because the 55 nomad seems small



see the back(trunk,trunklid)



and see the rear here?around the back windos and trunk area

thanks for your help,you think I should do it or leave it



Last edited by 66pontiac at Dec 29 2003, 09:18 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
good luck bro on this project. do both. use a 55 nomad top for the 58. on the tail light i say screw it and have all 3 lights. the only thing i could think if chop it and glue it and then chop it again. untill you have on light. or use plastic and bondo to shape a new one.

for the 60 add plastic from the inside and build it up with bondo and sand it to make it curve. you wouldn't need to much bondo to build it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Dec 29 2003, 09:32 PM
good luck bro on this project.  do both.  use a 55 nomad top for the 58.  on the tail light i say screw it and have all 3 lights.  the only thing i could think if chop it and glue it and then chop it again.  untill you have on light.  or use plastic and bondo to shape a new one.  

for the 60 add plastic from the inside and build it up with bondo and sand it to make it curve.  you wouldn't need to much bondo to build it up.
ok thank you for replying on the 60 what do you mean plastic from the inside?because I will have side panels in there and also on the 58 what plastic should I use for the posts?



Last edited by 66pontiac at Dec 29 2003, 09:45 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac+Dec 29 2003, 09:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (66pontiac @ Dec 29 2003, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tonedeaf@Dec 29 2003, 09:32 PM
good luck bro on this project.  do both.  use a 55 nomad top for the 58.  on the tail light i say screw it and have all 3 lights.  the only thing i could think if chop it and glue it and then chop it again.  untill you have on light.  or use plastic and bondo to shape a new one.  

for the 60 add plastic from the inside and build it up with bondo and sand it to make it curve.  you wouldn't need to much bondo to build it up.
ok thank you for replying on the 60 what do you mean plastic from the inside?because I will have side panels in there and also on the 58 what plastic should I use for the posts?[/b][/quote]
my bad i though you where using the impala and covert it to a wagon. dont know what you mean about the back part i need to see it. for post just use evergreen styrene strips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by tonedeaf+Dec 29 2003, 11:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tonedeaf @ Dec 29 2003, 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2003, 09:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--tonedeaf
@Dec 29 2003, 09:32 PM
good luck bro on this project.  do both.  use a 55 nomad top for the 58.  on the tail light i say screw it and have all 3 lights.  the only thing i could think if chop it and glue it and then chop it again.  untill you have on light.  or use plastic and bondo to shape a new one.  

for the 60 add plastic from the inside and build it up with bondo and sand it to make it curve.  you wouldn't need to much bondo to build it up.

ok thank you for replying on the 60 what do you mean plastic from the inside?because I will have side panels in there and also on the 58 what plastic should I use for the posts?
my bad i though you where using the impala and covert it to a wagon. dont know what you mean about the back part i need to see it. for post just use evergreen styrene strips.[/b][/quote]
yeah I am using an impala and the bad actor sedan delivery for the 60 wagon ok thanks the back part I mean is the part that is taller around the trunk and back posts on the 60
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,670 Posts
damn that looks like a lot of work.

for people that want to know, to make the 61-64 wagon, you take the roof from the 61 Buick Wagon (not too rare, but probably an ebay item) and cut it in quarters to make it a little longer and wider. It's an accurate roof for those years. Art Anderson from All American models told me that.

K. Diaz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Dec 30 2003, 12:50 AM
damn that looks like a lot of work.

for people that want to know, to make the 61-64 wagon, you take the roof from the 61 Buick Wagon (not too rare, but probably an ebay item) and cut it in quarters to make it a little longer and wider. It's an accurate roof for those years. Art Anderson from All American models told me that.

K. Diaz
and I know that you can use a 66 chevelle wagon that comes out in march to make 65 chevy wagons right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,652 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac+Dec 30 2003, 04:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (66pontiac @ Dec 30 2003, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa@Dec 30 2003, 12:50 AM
damn that looks like a lot of work.

for people that want to know, to make the 61-64 wagon, you take the roof from the 61 Buick Wagon (not too rare, but probably an ebay item) and cut it in quarters to make it a little longer and wider.  It's an accurate roof for those years.  Art Anderson from All American models told me that.

K. Diaz
and I know that you can use a 66 chevelle wagon that comes out in march to make 65 chevy wagons right?[/b][/quote]
you just said you knew that you can use it but your asking if you can use it? :ugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 604IMPALA+Dec 30 2003, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (604IMPALA @ Dec 30 2003, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 04:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa
@Dec 30 2003, 12:50 AM
damn that looks like a lot of work.

for people that want to know, to make the 61-64 wagon, you take the roof from the 61 Buick Wagon (not too rare, but probably an ebay item) and cut it in quarters to make it a little longer and wider.  It's an accurate roof for those years.  Art Anderson from All American models told me that.

K. Diaz

and I know that you can use a 66 chevelle wagon that comes out in march to make 65 chevy wagons right?
you just said you knew that you can use it but your asking if you can use it? :ugh:[/b][/quote]
ok sorry I think I can,someone said you could
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jan 1 2004, 12:01 PM
60 wagon you say?? I ran across this on ebay,has the wrong taillights, but should be a good reference for ya...


nice! I'm not sure what model 66pontiac posted, but I think a true 60 Impala wagon has only 4 taillights. AMT made both the 4 and the 6. R&R resin makes a 60 I think

K. Diaz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jan 1 2004, 01:08 PM
i dunno, but doesn't modelhaus have the correct taillight piece to make this one a 60??
the nomad has 2 taillights on eachside,I dont know about the brookwood and thanks for the pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by JokerManN808@Jan 1 2004, 05:52 PM
look around for a resin kit
man I would buy it but no I dont have much money,I spent it and around here I dont know where to get a resin kit but Ill ask in a hobbie shop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how about a 59 wagon its way easier using this and a 55-57 top or making the top out of styrene!

 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top