LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

does anyone know about this product? ive only seen it on showtimes website. its supposed to be a cylinder with an air bag replacing the coils. so say i want to use these on my 85 regal (or any other g-body) are there any modifications needed for the front end to accept coilovers? also are the "bags" adjustable? is anyone else using these? if so how's the quality and what cylinder sizes are available? i think i posted this subject before but i cant find it so im posting again.
Thanks Everyone,
Martin G
Low & Broke C.C.
Smithfield NC

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
ughh .... i havent tested on but looked over it and many therioes make me think that wount last long ...

them bags have a pressure rating of how many psi ?

now hydraulic fluid can make how much pressure? now which part of those two do you think is gonna fail first?

and are you gonna have two switch boxes for the air ride and another for the juice? ok maybe one switch more to select to lift or drop air or juice ...

now tell me what you think?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well actually i plan to body drop my regal till the shell scrapes...with the bags dropped. if i go through with it id have a basic compressor, a very small engine compartment mounted one that runs off of the car battery. mount 1 toggle on the dash and wire it to the bags. when i wanna drive normal i fill the bags. when i want a full slam i release. the hydros would be a low voltage street type setup nothin powerful. just moves. the bags replace the coils so i think the psi has nothin to do with it unless you're hoppning which im not.

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by 1 Bad 71@Nov 12 2003, 04:41 PM
TALKING TO A FORMER TECH HE DOES NOT THINK IT COULD REPLACE ACCUMULATORS
The idea is that it would ride the same as a car with bags. Think about it, the cylinder (hydraulic) portion is fixed after you move it. Its solid, no give. Then you have the bag to compensate for road conditions so it rides nice.

The ONLY benefit i can see is that you would get more lift in the rear. I bet money you could 3 wheel with these in the rear. Basically your car would have bags and a single pump for the hydraulic part (or 2 pumps to stand 3 wheel) but the front would basically just be a bag setup.

my $0.02

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i was thinking, i dont mean to replace accumulators i just want more adjustability. does anyone know about coilovers on the front of a g-body? is it possible?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i highly doubt hopping is possible since hoppin relies alot on your coils and the bags replace the coils. the advantage of these in my case is: assuming they are adjustable i can fully dump the hydros and stil be "safe" and then i can dump the bags and have a full slam.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wtf? anyone???

·
Registered
237 Posts
I WOULD THINK WHEN U HIT THE HYDROZ UP U WOULD PUT ALOT OF PRESSURE ON THE BAG AND BLOW IT OUT... I THINK ITS A COOL LOOK PRODUCT BUT AN UNESSICARY ONE TOO//// IF UR BODYDROPPN UR REGAL JUST RUN EITHER STR8 BAGS WITH A CANTILEVER SETUO OR SOME JUICE WITH ACCUMS... MY LINC IS BODYDROPPED TO THE ROCKER ON 10 INCH IN FRONT AND 12S IN REAR..... HAD TO FAB CUSTOM BRACKETS FOR REAR SETUP THO AND MAKE A BIG C NOTCH AND BRIDGE LIKE A MINITRUCK WOULD DO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts