LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I heard that not even use "hydraulic" oil because its to thin and even thinner when everything gets hot but i could be wrong. Run Non-detergant 30 wieght motor oil youll be fine.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Thats good stuff alright.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I beleive that is true SERIOUSHYDROS, but then again if U use thinner oil such as Hydrauic fluid U may be more prone to getting leaks around fittings and the check valve. I only say this cause I was running tranny fluid for a few weeks, but thats another storie, also a bad Idea, and started to see a few leaks but then changed it back to NAPA Non-deturgent 30 weight a few days ago and havent seen any leaks and I think it may even be a little smoother of a ride.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpin19@Aug 20 2005, 09:01 PM~3663130
I beleive that is true SERIOUSHYDROS, but then again if U use thinner oil such as Hydrauic fluid U may be more prone to getting leaks around fittings and the check valve. I only say this cause I was running tranny fluid for a few weeks, but thats another storie, also a bad Idea, and started to see a few leaks but then changed it back to NAPA Non-deturgent 30 weight a few days ago and havent seen any leaks and I think it may even be a little smoother of a ride.
But here's a fact.... Quality equipment that is installed properly will not leak. Poeple will run different oils for differnt reasons. But mostly cuz they dont know that R&O antiwear is the right oil for the type of pumps we use. Leaks are an installation and maintenance issue. Using thicker oil is an easy way out. All liquid in a confined space will not compress.Even water. So the ride has nothing to do with it. That may be because you've got air in the lines or accums and the thicker oil moves slower through the lines or accum valves.Do'nt mean to sound like I'm arguing but the bottom line is R&O is the right oil.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutty@Aug 20 2005, 11:00 PM~3664210
I use AW 46 hydraulic oil from NAPA ;)
yep the aw 32 is to thin in my opinion

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i got winter here, and i use aw 32 all year

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 21 2005, 11:37 AM~3665399
i got winter here, and i use aw 32 all year
i read on the net somewhere where it said the aw 46 bassicly crosses over to equal the same thinkess etc as 30 wt reg oil but with the anti wear anto heat anti foaming agents in it ;)

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i have run both nd 30 and hydraulic fluid...im running r&o now and i like it better than the nd 30 except on really hot days i wish it was just a little thicker....nd 30 sucks ass during winter

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpin19@Aug 20 2005, 08:01 PM~3663130

wont thicker fluid just slow down a leak??? not stop it????

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by timdog57@Aug 19 2005, 08:05 PM~3659695
Get R&O type from Napa.
the link i posted is r&o according to the enlarged picture of the container.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts