·
Registered
1,549 Posts
ONLY LAW I KNOW IS..........

HIT THAT SHIT, FUCK IT!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
i know missouri has a unlevel suspension law...can get a ticket for front up back down...or vice versa....wheels cant leave the ground on public roads...no real laws yet that are specified with hydraulcs...but the use of air bags on mine trucks is going to ruin that i just know it

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT UNLEVEL STUFF. USED TA RIDE WITH MY ASS END LOW AND FRONT POPPED UP ALL THE TIME. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Aug 31 2005, 09:40 PM~3730256
i know missouri has a unlevel suspension law...can get a ticket for front up back down...or vice versa....wheels cant leave the ground on public roads...no real laws yet that are specified with hydraulcs...but the use of air bags on mine trucks is going to ruin that i just know it
Hydraulics have been on cars a lot longer than mini's have had bags. If there were to institute a law regarding bags/juice, they would have done it a long time ago. Besides that, a truck's frame sliding across the ground does less damage than bumpers smacking the ground from hopping.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by SlammedNiss@Aug 31 2005, 10:56 PM~3731052
Hydraulics have been on cars a lot longer than mini's have had bags. If there were to institute a law regarding bags/juice, they would have done it a long time ago. Besides that, a truck's frame sliding across the ground does less damage than bumpers smacking the ground from hopping.
You don't know shit! :biggrin:

·
Registered
614 Posts
If that's the case, then why didn't you point out my mistakes?

Bags didnt start being utilized on mini's until the early 90's, maybe late 80's. Hydraulics on cars has been around A LOT longer than that.

Now, take a hammer a slide it across the pavement. Then, smack it on the pavement. Which one caused more damamge?

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
well first off...a friend of mine just got a tocket for unlevel suspension a few weeks ago during a crusie down here in Branson....500.00 bucks it cost him........2nd..the reason im say theres sure to be more laws come soon is because theres a bagged s-10 or mazda every other car it seems...and there always stupid about driving them....they drop the frame and drag it blocks....thats cool and all but its going to get shit outlawed quicker.......I personaly have not been bothered but 1 time..i was pulled over for the "unlevel suspension" but the cop was cool and just wanted to warn me that if a state trooper seen it like that that i would get a ticket......Theres more state laws than anything...mosy likely your city wont have any laws regarding adjustable suspension.....Like neon lights for the car...i get tickets for that all the time..always get the dropped because there is no city laws in my area banning them...and the only state law out there states that you cannot have Red or Blue shining out the front or rear of the vehicel...which means you can have red and blue on the sides and not the back........stupid shit like that isall the laws here realy are............And when a car hopping hits the pavemnt it dont do shit...and as far as hoping goes i belife if the car slams the pavement you doing something wrong........

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Originally posted by PISTONPUMP-1@Aug 31 2005, 09:11 PM~3730044
ONLY LAW I KNOW IS..........
HIT THAT SHIT, FUCK IT!!!!!!! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
That's 1 ticket I'm gonna pay for. :cool:

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
Originally posted by SlammedNiss@Sep 1 2005, 07:30 AM~3732252
If that's the case, then why didn't you point out my mistakes?

Now, take a hammer a slide it across the pavement. Then, smack it on the pavement. Which one caused more damamge?
that is the worst example ever.....9 times out of 10 when a car bumper checks it barely slaps the ground, its like a little tap, not to mention its the bumper, not the frame which is about 4 times thicker and 10 times heavier

a better way to look at that example would be like this....take a 3000 lb. hammer and drag it down the road....then take a 3000 lb hammer with the weight evenly distributed on the front and back, support it towards the rear on some thing a few feet tall and throw the front up allowing the back to barely hit the ground

which does more damage?

i have a hopper that bumper checks and my boy has a bagged 64 that drags frame, his shit fucks up the road 99% worse than mine does

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
No defined laws that I know of. However......cops can mess with you for anything. Just a few weeks ago I was rolling down a main street with the front all the way up and the back down (that is the normal stance I drive in). Well a cop came up behind me, I changed lanes from the far right to the center lane because I was going to be making a turn soon. He hovered behind me. Well a car in my lane was making a turn so that caused me to slow down to a stop....the cop didn't pass me even though he had a clear lane. All of a sudden I hear, "HEY". I turn to see the cop sitting partially in my blind spot. He yells "You can't drive like that....{pause}...... its against the law!" So I tap the front end down.....and he drives off. I'm like, thats the best he can come up with "hey....thats against the law". Which law???? LOL

I have been pulled over countless times....really a lot of times. Sometimes for just driving in positions....sometimes for hopping and three wheeling. Only had two C/Is (careless and imprudent driving)...one for bumpering right in front of a cop (opps, didn't see him a car behind me).....50 inches. The other was three wheeling through an intersection. But I also have been pulled for those same activities and not recieved tickets. It all depends on the cop really. I can get away with a lot here because there aren't many instances of juiced cars on the streets causing problems. ----so its a good/bad thing.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by mean3wheel_lean@Sep 1 2005, 09:52 AM~3732502
that is the worst example ever.....9 times out of 10 when a car bumper checks it barely slaps the ground, its like a little tap, not to mention its the bumper, not the frame which is about 4 times thicker and 10 times heavier

a better way to look at that example would be like this....take a 3000 lb. hammer and drag it down the road....then take a 3000 lb hammer with the weight evenly distributed on the front and back, support it towards the rear on some thing a few feet tall and throw the front up allowing the back to barely hit the ground

which does more damage?

i have a hopper that bumper checks and my boy has a bagged 64 that drags frame, his shit fucks up the road 99% worse than mine does
The laws of physics still says the hopper will do more damage. Not only the bumper hits, but frames, suspension compenents, cross-members, etc. All of that hits.

I've had both, and can tell you from experience as well. And mine wasn't considered a hopper. It was just a mini w/ juice.

You also couldn't have explained my reasoning any better. If you have a 3-4 inch wide frame, with the weight evenly distributed front-to-back and left-to-right, it's just gonna drag across the top of whatever surface it touches. If the frame was in a "V" shape, then yeah, it would dig into the ground, but most frames I've seen are flat on the bottom.

As far as the laws here in KS, I've heard as long as you're not moving, they can't do shit about it. I've never been brazen enough to pull up beside a cop though, and just air it out. But, if you're driving, and come into contact with the pavement (i.e. dragging or hopping) you can get a ticket for criminal destruction of public property. If you're just playing with the switches, I believe they can nail you for careless/reckless driving.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by SlammedNiss@Sep 1 2005, 10:24 AM~3732793
The laws of physics still says the hopper will do more damage. Not only the bumper hits, but frames, suspension compenents, cross-members, etc. All of that hits.

I've had both, and can tell you from experience as well. And mine wasn't considered a hopper. It was just a mini w/ juice.

You also couldn't have explained my reasoning any better. If you have a 3-4 inch wide frame, with the weight evenly distributed front-to-back and left-to-right, it's just gonna drag across the top of whatever surface it touches. If the frame was in a "V" shape, then yeah, it would dig into the ground, but most frames I've seen are flat on the bottom.
As far as the laws here in KS, I've heard as long as you're not moving, they can't do shit about it. I've never been brazen enough to pull up beside a cop though, and just air it out. But, if you're driving, and come into contact with the pavement (i.e. dragging or hopping) you can get a ticket for criminal destruction of public property. If you're just playing with the switches, I believe they can nail you for careless/reckless driving.
Laws of physics????
Fuckin jap drivin, *** bag having,fool,you don't know yer ass from friday,my buddies are all mini truckers and they tear up roads way more than any hopper!Dragging is gay anyway!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by lowdeville@Sep 1 2005, 12:52 PM~3733281
Laws of physics????
Fuckin jap drivin, *** bag having,fool,you don't know yer ass from friday,my buddies are all mini truckers and they tear up roads way more than any hopper!Dragging is gay anyway!

Well spoken from an apparent well educated man.

BTW, I don't own anything with an adjustable suspension anymore. If I ever do anything again, it will be with juice.

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
Listen dude youre wrong, there is no arguing, draging frame fucks up the ground way worse than bumpering....if you slam the crossmember you dont know what youre doing and youre going to fuck up your car way worse than youre gonna fuck up the street......beside that people drag frame constantly, its not too often you see someone flying down the street bumper checking and letting the crossmember slam the ground....ive got years of experience with both.....laying frame fucks up the ground worse, end of story

1 - 16 of 16 Posts