LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum as I am always in Lowrider General. I see all this arguing and discussion about who's setup is best. The way I see it, all pumps are the same. Showtime, HILO, ALL OF THEM are using Marzocci and basically the same motors, blocks, Adex, etc. They may port the blocks a certain way, but will not make that much difference. They are Tailgate setups :uh:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by AriZoNa-KiD@Dec 17 2003, 06:36 PM
ur a moron....
hehe hes a newbie

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by hydros2004+Dec 17 2003, 06:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hydros2004 @ Dec 17 2003, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--AriZoNa-KiD@Dec 17 2003, 06:36 PM
ur a moron....
hehe hes a newbie[/b][/quote]
OK explain. :( 12V Prestolite motor, Aluminum block, Marzocci pump, Adex Square, D&H Cylinder, #8 hose, Parker fittings. What am I missing, help. :cool: The ONLY difference is the logo on the backing plate. The suspension is basically all reinfirced the same.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
key word : basically!!!

the key to build a bumper smashin hopper isnt all in in the pumps, ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
As far as components go. Some companies have poor quality products. Which may work good for your average starter kits. But tend to fail when getting into hopping and clowning. "Equipped" pointed out the most important thing though. Not all installers do things the same. There are alot of small things that are done with the suspensions and settups that make a big difference. Experiance is the key element. But, back to the equipment. The best companies (IMO) ProHopper, Showtime, Hilow. Worst Luxor, synister, Reds. As for Blvd, Black Magic, & CCE :dunno: Havent used'em yet. But, they are not all the same. Alot of the parts are made by different manufaturers/machinists.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Dec 17 2003, 04:19 PM
I am new to this forum as I am always in Lowrider General. I see all this arguing and discussion about who's setup is best. The way I see it, all pumps are the same. Showtime, HILO, ALL OF THEM are using Marzocci and basically the same motors, blocks, Adex, etc. They may port the blocks a certain way, but will not make that much difference. They are Tailgate setups :uh:
You're right, they are all "basically" the same. But that's kinda like saying the Honda Civic and Cadillac DeVille are the same 'cause they're basically just cars. There's a lot more going on with each. So just pull up a seat and read for a 'lil while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts