LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I'm new to this, but i always wanted to have a car with hydraulics. I was wondering if there was any one on this board that knew of any shops or anyone who can install that is located in the Virginia Beach, Va area or nearby. thanks in advance

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i dont know of any shops in va...people just do work for themselves here

like myself

·
Registered
205 Posts
hey buddy i live in va also and hydros are illegal so no there are NO shops. and if you have a car in va its illegal to have it unregisterd with no insuranc and you cant get insurance with hydros in va so you gotta do what im gonna do and buy a car with hydros and just keep it a secret in your garage or driveway.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i drive a juiced big body in a town with some of the worst cops...you dont have to let them search your vehicle even if they ask....they cant legally get a warrant unless they find booze, arrest you for something, or drugs....they cant get a warrant for thinking you have hydraulics... you just need to find a hookup with an inspection man and dont hit switches around the police...i keep my switches on the low but everyone knows i have them....your also in va beach which is a bad area as far as police so you better be careful with them.... get accumulators on the rear so you dont bounce too much and make it obvious that your ride is juiced

·
Registered
205 Posts
yea that might work.. the inspection is the hard part to get by cuz accumulators could cover bounce up enough cuz the cops wont be on ur u EVER Second checking unless they have suspicion

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've herd of a place in VA beach ,it's called fat boys customs they are supposed to do hydraulics and bags..

I have juce on my car and have been pulled over for it and the cops told me not to use them while driving, and gave me a ticket for wreckless driving.I'm going to fight it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
i live in va beach and have juice on a 77 cadi. mosy cops out here dont sweat you unless you are hitting switches, but there are a few that will mess with you. my homie in hampton does really good installs PM me so we can get up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by jonboy77@Jul 29 2005, 02:29 PM
i live in va beach and have juice on a 77 cadi. mosy cops out here dont sweat you unless you are hitting switches, but there are a few that will mess with you. my homie in hampton does really good installs PM me so we can get up.
[snapback]3505177[/snapback]​

pm sent

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
go to low-riders.com 90% of the people there are from round dc va and md. a lot of cool peeps, ready 2 help any1 out. also if your new to hydraulics you should purchase Science of Hydraulic Suspension, i guarantee you a lot of your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I just moved from that place,my advice is to find somebody that can hook u up with an inspection sticker.There are some individuals near Virginia each that can help u out,go up to Hampton,Va. take the Hampton Colisium exit (i forgot the street name) go in the oppostie direction from the Colisium,find the Old Country Buffet parking lot.Go there on Saturday Nights around 9:30 pm,u should be able to find somebody that can help u there(its the only real hangout spot for lo-los).DO NOT I REPEAT DOOOOO NOOOOT hit swiches on Atlantic AVE or Pacific Ave, this is where I received my only ticket for switches(87 dollars for altered suspension).I would only hit swiches in parking lots,its like a SAFE ZONE in freeze tag(private property) hahaha.What kinda car u got ??hit me up if u need a no. of the guy that helped me out with my switches.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Originally posted by dsgb@Aug 6 2005, 03:53 PM~3552774
I just moved from that place,my advice is to find somebody that can hook u up with an inspection sticker.There are some individuals near Virginia each that can help u out,go up to Hampton,Va. take the Hampton Colisium exit (i forgot the street name) go in the oppostie direction from the Colisium,find the Old Country Buffet parking lot.Go there on Saturday Nights around 9:30 pm,u should be able to find somebody that can help u there(its the only real hangout spot for lo-los).DO NOT I REPEAT DOOOOO NOOOOT  hit swiches on Atlantic AVE or Pacific Ave, this is where I received my only ticket for switches(87 dollars for altered suspension).I would only hit swiches in parking lots,its like a SAFE ZONE in freeze tag(private property) hahaha.What kinda car u got ??hit me up if u need a no. of the guy that helped me out with my switches.
hes talking about the Mercury Blvd exit....if you take that exit and then like he said go left, you will see everyone there, Street Dreamz has there get togethers out there every saturday night, if you go, get up with Russell, hes got a dark maroon regal, 83 i think, with patterns and shit all on it, white top and shit, tell him Chad said wassup, hell get his number for me if you can :biggrin: theres alot of guys out there who try to ride but you will find its very hard to get something regualr going due to the fact that about 85% of the population there is military and they are always leaving town and shit....i know alot of them guys from street dreamz, i lived out there for 3 years, i just got out of the military and used to ride out there.....Ant is the guy they are talking about that does installs, but honestly and im not talking shit, i wouldnt get him to do it, id go to NC if i was you....the reason i turned away from Ant is cause i asked him aobut reinforcing, and his response was "fuck it, if it aint broke i aint gonna fix it, and if it does break, then i will fix it...." :uh: :uh: :uh: fuck that, i wanna get my shit done right the first time, which is why i say, go to NC, there are alot of reputable shops out there who can hook you up and your not that far away form there...if you got any questions, pm me, i will help as much as i can....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't hit switches on the street and try to get you car registered out of state. I don't know Street Dreams but they gotta good rep out here...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts