LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TODAY TOOK THE CADI OUT FOR A RIDE... ITS BEEN COLD ALL WEEK AND THE CAR WAS NOT MOVING LIKE NORMAL.. DROVE IT FOR ABOUT 30 MIN AND PLAYED WITH THE SWITCH .. STARTING WORKING FINE .. OPEN THE TRUNK FELT THE PUMPS AND THE Y WERE WARM..DOES THE FLUID GET THICK WHEN COLD

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
yeah it sucks.I've never really found what weight to use that wouldnt get so bad, but I use to have to hold the pump and dump switch together for several seconds to warm up the circulating oil enough to lift my car. The best thing to do with your car in the cold months.... work on it for next year!!!

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya the fluid thickens up. if u can keep the car in a garage thats optimal also u could cover the pumps up in blankets to help. but holding the dump open and running the pump is gonna get the fluid warmed up and not so thick. depend on the voltage u have goin to the pump u probably woudnt want to be hold the pump open and dump open running more than 36 volts or 48 since the other voltages will take a toll on the motors themselves

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I change out to hydrolic oil. (like Jacks) during the winter. And run 30nd during the summer or heavier.. ;)

Yes it does slow down in the winter . I also have to bump the rear up to 48 volts and my truck is set-up to drive low but not layed out.. so I could wait for the heat to warm it up..
You can also buy tank warmers or just use a heating pad.. :biggrin: We have winte cruz's here..

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmmm...well im in ontario canada and i plan to store my truck for the winter but even the fall gets really cold. are there any precautions to take so that i dont get stranded in the morning.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Like I said my truck does not lay out.. so i can drive after the motor (engine oil) warms up... :cool:

Like driving a Honda thru snow. :biggrin:

I work 3rd shift. so I just want to go home. Now on th eway to work is a whole new ball game.. clown all the way there. But 7am that oil is thick as turds and so I just drive home and look out for the normal car dangers.. Thats anther reason I got rid of the accumes. Good set of springs I can drive dumped all day across country...HWY speed.. ;)

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS FOR THE HELP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts