LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This young cat came up to me one day and said that he wanted to put hydraulics in his 85 monte.

We started talking about what he wanted. Of course prices were discussed and I told him the more shit he wanted the more expenisve it was going to be.

The next thing that came out of his mouth was "I'm not going to hop it or dance it. I just want to make it go up and down".

So a simple 2 pump 8 batteries (48 volts) was put in.

It wasn't more than three weeks when he came over to my house and asked me if I could help him with his ride.

He had one blown motor, two blown solenoids. and oil all over his trunk.

I said what happened. He said " I was showing off for some friends and I fucked it up"
I asked hime what about just making it going up and down.

He just looked at me and said "well........you know how it is".

I tried to warn him. These young cats want the world but don't want to pay for it.

Just a funny story (but true as hell).

Later
TC

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Kinda reminds me of myself, when I found LIL years ago... I wanted a one pump setup on my Bug. Nothing major, as I know that one pump would be more than enough for my little car... And now I am building my car with major reinforcements to accomadate a 4 pump setup... I know that I am either being excessive, or addicted!

It is so true, those who say "just up and down" will end up unhappy with there setup sooner than later and either break something, or wish they had of gone with a better starter kit to have at least FBSS (like a two pump four dump setup)....

Let this be a lesson for the newbies that read this... Save your pennies, buy the best and cry once...

Oh, and TC, you know what it's like to be excessive eh! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
tcvaldez, i like your little website you got going on cardomain, those pics are so promising. I realy like your car, it is funky you know, normally those models look strange but yours, with the top on it, feeling it, good choice on the rims and tires, color, very nice project, now work on your interior ok? :biggrin:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gracias (thanks)

I've already started on it. I'm starting to mold the center console together.

The console has an ashtray and place for change. I'm closing all that up and it will look like one smooth piece. That's the plan.

I will be using quite a bit of fiberlass in their. I've already changed my setup so that will look different.

My headliner went to shit when I was talking it out. I'm thinking about making one out of fiberglass. that one is still up in the air.

I'm in the planning stages of where I am going to placing all my switches. I want to install the radio in a different area other than the dash. Just to be different. Thinking about maybe vertically in the door.

Wish me luck.

I will post pics. as I finish each one.

Later
TC

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You should try out some of my valves. Those guys are the reason I designed them. That way they dont bring the car back andyoure right they usually dont have the money to fix it. Heres a better one I used to hear after the first time they bust some shit clowning. What did you do to my car? Even though they were told to be careful. Seriously I dont have that crap going on anymore. You should really check out these valves. They pay for them you have no headaches. pumps perform exactly the same they just cant overpressurize or hold the switch too long. George SRS

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
"I just want it to go up and down"... yeah right. The first question you'll get after the install is done is " how high does it hop?" it never fails. Or another favorite, "I want it to drop when I turn car off and raise back up when car starts." Someone's seen "Boyz in the Hood" one too many times. :)

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Oct 11 2003, 03:09 AM
"I just want it to go up and down"... yeah right. The first question you'll get after the install is done is " how high does it hop?" it never fails. Or another favorite, "I want it to drop when I turn car off and raise back up when car starts." Someone's seen "Boyz in the Hood" one too many times. :)
LMAO I HATE THAT DAMN QUESTION!!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
you have to understand when they say "i just want it to go up and down" they mean go up off the ground and then back down and then back up off the ground.

·
Registered
747 Posts
As Admin of the German Lowriderforums i hear "just for up and down" continuously.
I alway tell them if they don't do i right the first time they will have to pay twice to get it right. ;)

Last edited by STW at Oct 11 2003, 08:28 PM

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Oct 11 2003, 06:09 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
160 Posts
wuts wrong with Boys in the Hood? its a cool movie it even has a cool message "Increase the Peace ^^"
Anyway yea lol...i tell every1 i just lift and lay but when im alone at 3 in the morning and some guy rolls up and im just feelin it i gotta start hopping. i've blown 2 motors and like 10 solenoids...how embarassing....=(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Boyz N Da Hood

I just rented that (again) today! hahaha

My favourite message was....... "TURN YOUR PUNKASS OVER!!"

"If that fool roll up on the set one mo' time- IMA blast his ass!"

Increase the peace! :biggrin:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey ghost211

tell me more about your valve.

I think I remember reading about it in a thread, just dont' remember which one.

Sounds very interesting.

Later
TC

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo@Oct 10 2003, 10:40 AM~1157113
Kinda reminds me of myself, when I found LIL years ago... I wanted a one pump setup on my Bug. Nothing major, as I know that one pump would be more than enough for my little car... And now I am building my car with major reinforcements to accomadate a 4 pump setup... I know that I am either being excessive, or addicted!
It is so true, those who say "just up and down" will end up unhappy with there setup sooner than later and either break something, or wish they had of gone with a better starter kit to have at least FBSS (like a two pump four dump setup)....

Let this be a lesson for the newbies that read this... Save your pennies, buy the best and cry once...

Oh, and TC, you know what it's like to be excessive eh!  :biggrin:
Trust me its an addiction,and one of the most expensive out there...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by Windex@Aug 14 2009, 12:37 AM~14766039
^ Most pointless 6 year old topic bump in history ^
Its a throwback topic...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts