LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW THIS DOESNT HAVE A TON TO DO WITH HYDRAULICS BUT I FIGURED MORE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE EXPERIANCE WITH THIS QUESTION IN THE HYDRULICS FORUM THAN IN THE MOTOR ONE.
A 10 BATTERY 3 PUMP SETUP IS EASILY LIKE 700LBS
THATS ALOT FOR MY CUTTY'S 200HP 5.0
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MY MOTOR OUT. I SUPPOSE BETTER OIL AND SOME WATER WETTER IN THE COOLENT WOULD HELP. ANY OTHER TRICKS. AND HAS ANYONE HAD ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN TO THERE ENGINE BECAUSE OF ALL THE WEIGHT.

P.S. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THAT 5.0 DOES ON GAS WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Get some exhaust work done like flowmasters and headers, maybe a bigger carb, if you have a regular engine driven fan go for an electric fan, that could free up some hp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am currently working on a '83 Oldsmobile 307 (5,0) engine. So far I've done some porting and polishing to the heads and gathering parts. I'm still going to get it 0-decked, which means the block surface is milled to be in level with the pistons. That will get the compresion ratio higher and aid the burning process. The only parts not stock will be a Comp Cams 260H cam and single valvesprings and some custom fabricated tube headers. I bet it won't make my delta 88 fly, but it will help the gas mileage and it will run smoother and faster.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Those 307 motors suck. Just get a 350, build it right and easy to get parts for.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
my 84 cutty had the 3.8 v6. It had no problems with 8 group 31's and 1 4 d size battery . plus it had 18'' subs , and all the hydro extra's. LOL. your motor must be tired.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Jul 22 2005, 04:08 PM
my 84 cutty had the 3.8 v6. It had no problems with 8 group 31's and 1 4 d size battery . plus it had  18'' subs , and all the hydro extra's. LOL. your motor must be tired.
[snapback]3459412[/snapback]​
I think those 3.8s have more power than a 307, atleast what I can tell from owning both of them.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
mild stall converter maybe ... and some more cam ...

·
Registered
970 Posts
ik gotta 307 in my caddy with 8 batts and 3 pumps....and 4 twelve inch subs.....................it still burns rubber easy.............if im lucky its 150 hp....but only 62k on the car and engine....like they said,maybe the motor is tired or pos not tuned right...............i would try and adjust your ignition timing...made a world of difference for me :biggrin: ....i rippped my exaust off too,straight cherry bomb no converter3"
:) pipe

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
What is even better is that I got about a addition 1000 lbs with my setup, and the first time I went to step on the brakes, damn, I was like okay, you gonna stop.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
i would sujest a 350 chevy, the 307s are junk when it comes to do em up. they are fine motors that last but they just dont have the power. but what you really need are some gears in the rear end. my regal has 2:56 gears....yeah.... air plains hu? so it makes the cars take off and such poor. with say just a 3:08 gear it would make the world of diffrence, how ever there are more gears to slect from, just keep in mine how how they will effect allround driving,

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
<-------Turbocharge the bitch!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
2000-2200 stall converter

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by Madrox64@Jul 22 2005, 04:53 PM
low @ slow.....it's just not a saying...its a way of life :biggrin:
[snapback]3459693[/snapback]​
If you want speed buy old muscle,lowriders aren't supposed to be fast!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
powerglide / stall converter/cam LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts