LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 11 2003, 04:03 PM
WTF,,,,,lil ol' lady driving a new impala lowrider. I would like to see that, especially if she knows how to hit the switch :cool:
Heh, she's not that old, or little for that matter. We just want enough lift on the vehicle so that she can get in without struggling.

·
Registered
284 Posts
one pump to all 4 wheels with 24 volts into the pump should be good, as for the ride you might want to get them accumulaters.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Quote: "Someone suggested a 4 pump 8 dump setup but I would prefer to get some professional and expert opinions from the forum users on this board. Money is not a problem here, we're willing to spend to get the best."

First off, if you ran 4 pumps you would not need 8 dumps....

If you just wanted to raise up the car up high and lower it you wouldn't even need 4 dumps.

You might want to go with an 1 pump, 1 dump setup, running around 24 volts... as it would do the job nicely... To avoid constant charging of batteries, a streetcharger would be a must.

If you feel the car has to raise evenly you would have to use a fluid proportioning device, that would allow you to adjust the pressure to all four cylinders. (with 1 pump 1 dump, the fluid would follow the path of least resistence first... in your case the rear would come all the way up first, and then the front)

You would also have to get a reputable shop to modify your struts to house hydraulic cylinders.... As far as a few feet of lift, the maximum safe lift on your vehicle would have to be determined by your installer.

I hope to have been of some help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts