·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what to do.

This is my truck

http://www.cardomain.com/id/shaved94ranger

I have shaved it and what not.

I want to drop it and have some kind of alterd suspension.

Now with bags, they only lift, am I correct?
So I need to lower it with ALOT of parts first for it to lay?

Now, someone told me with hydraulics, it will lay frame without lowering the truck with (i beams, flip kit, drop blocks, springs, etc.)

Is that correct?

If so, and even buying accumlaors, hydraulics seems the way to go...but this is a daily too?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes and No.

You can't lay down your frame on either with the frame and stock parts still in the way.

And both Hydros and Air will lower you since you can bottom out the bags and cylinders (not just raise)

Whoever you have been talking to doesn't know variable suspension all that much :(

Air bags are definetly a much easier install than hydraulics on a truck since you can still get to almost sitting the rockers on the ground without chopping a hole in the bed.

(Notch the frame, mono leaf, 4" lowering block, and bag brackets on the frame to the side of the axle.......then put a bag where the spring was or weld a bracket on for torsion bar trucks with a drop spidle or control arm....Takes about a day to do)

Hydraulics will have to be bracketed and punched through the bed to get a good enough clearence to sit it down low.
You'll have to cut your bed and have some fun on the front mounts.

Persoanlly....a daily driver that isn't going to be a total/all out show truck...but a good cruiser...I'd go Air. Simply because of how easy it is to do.

Last edited by Skuce2 at Dec 30 2003, 01:36 PM

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Bags

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
id have to say bags, thats about it ;)

bags are for ****

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Dec 30 2003, 10:52 PM
id have to say bags, thats about it ;)

bags are for ****
j/k dog, to each his own :cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
for a daily minimize hardware get bags save space cuz it is daily you will still need the bed space just ba it and take out all restrictions and get the diff as close to the bed floor as possible

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by airsikness@Dec 31 2003, 06:30 PM
for a daily minimize hardware get bags save space cuz it is daily you will still need the bed space just ba it and take out all restrictions and get the diff as close to the bed floor as possible
I still have plenty of trunk space.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts