LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I have an oppurtunity to get a juice setup for pretty cheep. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to hook up a preasure guage or something to um so that it would be alligned right at ride hight?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by goodmouse@Nov 2 2003, 02:13 PM
hey, I have an oppurtunity to get a juice setup for pretty cheep. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to hook up a preasure guage or something to um so that it would be alligned right at ride hight?
Allignment for the wheels or?? I guess I dont understand what ur getting at.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah wheel alignment. you know how you can hook up a preasure guage to bags. that way you know when the front allignment is right.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by goodmouse@Nov 2 2003, 02:19 PM
yeah wheel alignment. you know how you can hook up a preasure guage to bags. that way you know when the front allignment is right.
Yeah, you can put a tee in the pressure side of your hoses and put a gauge in them. Maybe somebody makes a gauge with a remote mounted guage, where you could put a sensor in the hose and the gauge in the car, otherwise you would have to put a tee in your hoses and run a hose for each whel into your car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but does the preassure even change in a hydro setup?? I mean from one height to another? it kinda seems like it would be the same till it locked out right?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by goodmouse@Nov 2 2003, 02:25 PM
but does the preassure even change in a hydro setup?? I mean from one height to another? it kinda seems like it would be the same till it locked out right?
yeah thats true, didnt think of that.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by goodmouse@Nov 2 2003, 02:32 PM
think you could hook one up to an accumulator?? would that make a difference?
Well the only way the gauge would change is when you hit a bump, with an accumulator, when you hit a bump some of the pressure is absorbed so it would move less.

Wheres everyone elses input on this? Somebody has got to know something about doing this......

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Alignment is done for a set height of your car front and back. You need to find a set height that you like to ride at most of the time. Then have it aligned at that height.

I used to use curb guards to help me tell how for I was lifted.

Now for some thoughts. I think you can use different type of sensors to also help you to tell how far you are up from ground level.

Like:
a camera focus sensor,
A fluid meter, (how much fluid is in the cylinders)
Use a magnetic sensor and pickup coil,

I'm sure there are other ways.

Where are you located? I do alignments on all kinds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im from the FLA think that you can go into a little bit more detail about one of those. like the fluid sensor, or magnetic sensor and pickup coil?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
I understand a flow meter might work. The blades need to turn and this causes the RPM to be counted, giving an estimate of volume passed. I don't know about a high pressure flow meter, but you might be able to use something on the return side.

The magnet and pickup is: once a coil of wire passed through a magnetic field (or the other way around) a pulse is generated, you can then measure that pulse.

The magnetic and coil you could make yourself from parts you might find at a surplus store. Basically if you could magnetize or put a magnet near any moving part of the suspension that is at the desired height of your car and then have a coil pick up near that magnet, you will pretty much know then height of your car.

Or you could make a bracket or two and mount your hardware from there. Once someone makes this, others will improve on it.

I'm pretty sure an electrical or electronics guru will have an easy way to make these and find the needed parts. And then sell them on LRM and LIL and SD. :biggrin:

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 2 2003, 08:23 PM

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see what your saying. I just need to know this cuz im thinking about going the juice rout instead of bags on my 1500 but I dont want to go killin lo pro 20"s

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by goodmouse@Nov 2 2003, 09:58 PM
I see what your saying. I just need to know this cuz im thinking about going the juice rout instead of bags on my 1500 but I dont want to go killin lo pro 20"s
I also used have my coils cut so I would just dump and could still ride around

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, yeah thats whatI did with my last ride. but this time im trying to get a framedragger setup. like hyrdos pretending to be airbags.

Last edited by goodmouse at Nov 3 2003, 11:55 AM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by goodmouse@Nov 3 2003, 10:54 AM
lol, yeah thats whatI did with my last ride. but this time im trying to get a framedragger setup. like hyrdos pretending to be airbags.
:confused: What's that??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts