LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3 pump set running 12 batts 6 to the nose and im having a problem dumping everything works going up but not down. and no im not overlocked. i just ran my wires when the problem started so what i did after that was i disconnected my my main switch wires from the junction block and hooked up just my switch stick to the back to see if the problem was in my wireing. i check to make sure everything was tight but still no dumping action. oh yeah hte dumps are brand new any possible solutions

thanks for any answers

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THATS WHAT I WASS THINKING BUT WITH THE FACT THAT TEY NEW i kinda ruled them out. is there a way to test them?????

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
yeah try to have one wire ground out.................then run the other one, to a 12 volts(one battery) if it dumps you have it wired up wrong

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by dubbrollin@Aug 30 2005, 03:19 PM~3721542
yeah the system was working the other day and now it dont.
make sure you power wire is 2nd from the ground i had the same problem 1 time

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the suggestions. but the problem ended up being the dump wire going to my junction block was grounding on rack so i cut the wire and connected a new wire for it to reach my junction and now works as advertised :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
i had just bought 2 new italian dumps and a week later one side stopped dumping. The thing was, whenever I took the dump out and tested it on the bench, it seemed to work fine, so I'd stick it back in another car and end up with the same problem later.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
see it was soemthign simple huh

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by dubbrollin@Aug 30 2005, 04:44 PM~3722033
thanks for all the suggestions. but the problem ended up being the dump wire going to my junction block was grounding on rack so i cut the wire and connected a new wire for it to reach my junction and now works as advertised :biggrin:
i always add a 20 amp fuse on my switch power(24 volts) at the battery for this reason so if anything gets gorunds it pops the fuse instead of frying parts or burning down the car no it has no bearing if the niods stick on or anythin its mainly to help the switch wiring that runs thru you car and in your trunk u know saved my adex from burning up had a short in the dump wire to it kept popping fuses im sure if i didnt have the fuse i would have burned up the candle on the dump

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Aug 31 2005, 03:28 AM~3724917
i always add a 20 amp fuse on my switch power(24 volts) at the battery  for this reason so if anything gets gorunds it pops the fuse instead of frying parts or burning down the car no it has no bearing if the niods stick on or anythin its mainly to help the switch wiring that runs thru you car and in your trunk u know saved my adex from burning up had a short in the dump wire to it kept popping fuses im sure if i didnt have the fuse i would have burned up the candle on the dump
:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts