LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2 pump setup with 4 8-inch cylinders.......its wired to 6 switches. when I try to do side to side in the back........if I try to let only the right rear cylinder down first it only goes down about 1/2 an inch.....but if I try to let the left rear down first it drops alot more....what could be my problem? If I dump both left and right rear with a single switch it drops fine......thanks in advanced!!!

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
nothing is wrong......the reason that happens is cuz when you dump the right it only goes down so far cuz the left is still holding it up....and when you dump the left it goes down a lil further......its all weight distribution....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i dont think it could be that .....when i dump the right it hardley goes down at all....but when i dump the left it drops all the way. I doubt it could be weight distrobution. any other ideas???

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2slow@Sep 24 2003, 12:19 PM
no i dont think it could be that .....when i dump the right it hardley goes down at all....but when i dump the left it drops all the way. I doubt it could be weight distrobution. any other ideas???
but did you try leaning on it??

if it goes down with more weight this will confirm the prob

·
Registered
807 Posts
it does sound like a weight problem.
well there are 4 people telling you that its more than likely weight.
finding out if it is weight or not is cheep and easy. but what do i know im only answering a ? you had that everyone has answered the same.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not saying thats its not the weight but I got 4 pretty good size people to stand on that right side and It dosent go down as far the left side. What are sings of a bad check valve or bad dump? any other ideas?????????.....thanks for all of your help!!!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like i said.....the left side drops normally when you drop the left rear.......but when you try to drop the right rear BEFORE you drop the left rear it doesnt drop that much at all. IF you reverse it doing the left first then the right then everything is fine....i dont know what the deal is?????

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
how is the set up in the trunk ? where are the batts pumps placed ?
mine does basicly the same if i lock the car up n dump 1 side rear it drops half way if i dump the other side it will dump all the way its the same both ways its because i dont have much weight in the trunk n its eveny spaced from side to side ,post sum pics of ya set up n maybe we can help more

Last edited by stevie d at Sep 26 2003, 04:23 PM

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only have the rear setup on right now....and also i pretty much have everything spaced out right for equal weight distribution. I even tried putting extra weight in the right corner and nothing changed.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its an 87' mazda b2200 extra cab and yes i am on streetsourcemag.com

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
is it full of gas cos the tank is big n its placed on 1 side so that side will be heavier than the other ,i remember when i had my truck n it was full it would lift unevenly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts