·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
im sure it wont take u long lol

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 24 2010, 09:51 AM~16711074
u guys alway put switches in first? thats the last thing I do!
Me Two! :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, us guys (LOL) always put switches in first. Just the way I do it. I don't have all the room in the world to work on these things, so I try to do the things that will still allow me to move the car. So I usually run the wires, do the switches, mount the batteries, mount the pumps, ect, before I jack the car up and tackle the suspension.
Sorry I haven't posted any pics in a day or so. I should have some good updates tomorrow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like that pump layout. Simple & clean.

Hydraulics (Hydroholics especially) seems to be a pretty popular choice for the LX platform these days.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nice.

·
Mr. Paid
5,601 Posts
Originally posted by tre5peter@Feb 26 2010, 08:38 PM~16738057
more pics...

:0 Thats kinda scary. On a unibody I did, I mounted the rack to the sub frame. Dont care for battery racks screwed to the sheet metal floor, seems weak.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ya know i was just thinking the same thing... I am kinda ol'school too, bout my installs. Its funny how technology and times a changin... Was a day when everyone would be on here rippin into Tre bout the battery weight and racks not welded in, but this is the age of the accumulator and low voltage manifold relatively light weight setups. These are new cars not 40 year old rust buckets with the seams rippin and frames smashin, 3 wheel swangin at every corner.. they are lay and play setups so it is fine for the most part. 2 batteries are probably just as heavy as the spare tire that sat in its place... so its all good

Nice work by the way (as usual). Why did you not use the new cylinder top mounts! :happysad:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Feb 26 2010, 11:52 PM~16738719
:0 Thats kinda scary. On a unibody I did, I mounted the rack to the sub frame. Dont care for battery racks screwed to the sheet metal floor, seems weak.
Hahahaha

Do you have a unibody car? If so your seat is mounted to the floor, not the subframe. I've had full engine transmission combos on the floor without bending. The set up is not that much weight.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts