LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, without bugging you with all the craze on the set-up info, where or what's a good resource for me to get (like a book) where it discusses hydraulic installation and how they work? Questions like, What are dumps? 2, 4, or 6 batteries? Why 2+ pumps? Accumulators to get a Caddy ride-like?

I was first going to hook up my '47 Fleetline with airbag suspension but I have not liked the price of the total kit and that shit sound it makes when you inflate/deflate. Any good resource that can be pointed out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Aeroman de Chevybombs.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
i would just weigh your car on a truck scale and order propper springs, accumulators are nice, ive had to setups with them, but, i found them never acurate on each corner, hard to adjust to have same compression rate on each corner, aka i sat crooked, but i am big man

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I can get the stock gross weight of the car since the body is off the frame right now...

any good literature on Hydros?

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
as far as the accumalators goes as long as you have the psi the same in them you wont sit crooked...And you can run slowdown valves to shut them off....Get them precharged from prohopper and youll have no problems

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I helped a friend of mine do his, I have no pics but mybe can answer a few questons.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool. my mom is from Villa Morelos and mom-in-law is from Sahuayo, Mich

Thanks for the info on the accumulators...

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroman@Sep 16 2005, 06:54 PM~3830776
cool.  my mom is from Villa Morelos and mom-in-law is from Sahuayo, Mich
Thanks for the info on the accumulators...
Damn, that is only about 30 minutes from my town. It is cool to know there are people from your home area on here. Bejeweled65 is from Michoacan also. She visits Zamora which I am sure you know where that is. Not very far from there either. :biggrin:

·
Registered
793 Posts
aeroman what did you end up picking for set up? i have a 48 aero also. What do you have in the front suspionion?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
61cruzer, I haven't bought the kit yet, but I will most likely go with the Pro Hopper 2005 Kit Special for $1095 and end up getting 4 batteries.

As far as my front suspension, I have a Mustang II kit. Disregard the airbags as they will be coming off in place of the hydraulic cylinders:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have mustang II also , but I took mine off a 78 mustang II except for the crossmember. where did you get he crossmember? I also took off the rack and pinion from a 95? mustang. i still need the spindals , I will take them off a camero. The rotors also and brackets also. I have a nova rear end, leaf though. I know you have springs

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Aero man, You gonna have to build a bridge in the back I think. It's pretty basic, but I know my bomb had it. Do you have leafs in the rear?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mustang II crossmember was part of the TCI kit. No bridge necessary for the rear as I have a triangular 4-link from suicide doors. It will have a clean cantilever set-up with no resistance from leaf springs, etc.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You have a pic of the rear... where the diferential goes. Did you leave it straight or channel it.

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroman@Sep 25 2005, 03:06 PM~3882228
Mustang II crossmember was part of the TCI kit.  No bridge necessary for the rear as I have a triangular 4-link from suicide doors.  It will have a clean cantilever set-up with no resistance from leaf springs, etc.

Damn. that is nice :cool:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll get pics soon. I am only going to cut a small half circle in the frame and weld a half pipe to it, giving me about 2 inches more in lowering. I want the frame to sit low, almost laying frame. I am going to do some sheet metal work on the trunk floor for the pumpkin and maybe the 5.60 tires if they protrude through the metal.

The rear end is off a '72 Chevelle with the posi traction...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts