LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that i could put hydros on my 79 electra wagon without havig to cut anything and retain a stock or better than stock ride as long ass i used the rite springs and didnt want anything too wild...

what would this setup be like?

I dont need it hop to hop or nothing just drop lift and not ad too much wighte or tke up too much space.....

also if It's possible I want just 1 or 2 batteris that can pe charging using the alternator via relay or an isolator....

would it be best to use 2 small pump or is it posible to use 1 larger pump?

this car needs to make freeqeunt 500 mile trips to dallas to go to the studio (every 1-3 weaks) so I need it to handle well at highe spead and not wieghe a ton

·
Registered
970 Posts
you can accomplish that ...you can use as little as 2 batteries wired in parallel @ 12v wont be very fast but will work and can be wired to the alternator with an isolator.......i would def get a high output alternator im sure it would work and be reliable.......for a nice ride i would use 2 ton springs all around,and accumulators ....i would def use two pumps and for dumps....front and rear you cann also use a whammy tank instead to save some space....any questions?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hpw tall is a double pump pluss a whammy tank ....

my wagon has a false floor that is 10"s deep and it would be great if I could hide the pump in there.....

I also have a large lock box in the side panel that could easily hold 1 lbattery and with some cutting I can sqeuze in 2

I'll be uses remot mount battery boxes to keep the fumes out of the car....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also what size cylinders would need to be used to keep from cuting and how would they be installed?

and where is the best or cheapest place to get a qaulity whammy tank assembly?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
it will need accumulators for sure. The typical set up rides like ass. On your application, I would go with bags. They ride better than stock, and much more road worthy in my opinion.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah but if use fewer batteries i can save alot more space and eqaul or better performance....

pluss if shit gets crazy at club or somthing I wanna be able to make a quike escape with waiting for air tanks to fill ......

cause in Tx you get a bunch of thuged out black folk together and somthing is bound to happened ......the parking lot at the stripp club we go too gets shot up atleast 2 or 3 times a month...

so the system needs to be quker than bags and lighter than a hydro hopping system cause of higheway travel

low voltage would be a pluss cause I wanna ad some bass

I'm also doing a disk conversion on the rear brake cause I know the wieghte of a coupl batteries , woofer box, a couple asses, and lugage will be pretty heavy and the brakes on the car suck even with just me in it ( and I only wieghe 150)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
you wouldnt have to wait for the bags, they are just as fast as juice. I damn sure wouldnt want to haul ass outa somewhere in one of my juiced rides(would likely end up in a ditch or the nearest wall, but wouldnt hesitate to roll out at speed with bags and cruise at 75mph. I have done em both, and by what you are telling me, you want bags 100%.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are bags realy that bad on handling?

Ive never drivin a juiced car but test drove a 96 mark IIIV with bags all around factory and that thing drove and handled great...

but I saw that pro hopper has a f/b competion setup that is single pump could I piece togethr my own 4 wheel single pump system or would I have problems?

I wont be runing 13"s I'll have atleast a 16" with a lower profile tire maybe 17" ralleys... would that improve the handling any over 13"s? cause on my cousines cutty I noticed you can jump on his bumpers and nearly hop the car of the ground just with the momentum

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
bags all the way man, they will handle great. The 13s and 14s help the hydraulics because of the massive sidewalls give some cushion, and they still ride like ass. So with 16s you are basically going to be riding something with no suspension give at all....every bump you will get shook up on. Air will give a extremely smooth ride, just as fast, and cheaper and easier. I am a big fan of both of them, but they each have thier purpose and strong points. If its a driver...go with bags. I would bet money that if you juiced it, after one 500mile trip you would either sell it or buy another car to drive. If not, you are one tough bastard.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^ makes sences and all in all we end up driving like 1100-1300 miles on the trips to dallas cause its 1000miles round trip and somyime we go shoping and shit so thats alot more miles cause we hit up the surounding towns....

and I wouldnt wanna do that on 13"s cause the weighes 6500lbs and I know that alot over thje max wieghte of any 13" or 14" tires.....

my original plan was a simple f/b air ride system but every one on this site kept saying the only way to go was with 2 big tanks 2 comps and lots of other expensinve shit and thats just now what I want for this car....

I want adjustable suspension but its gotta be simplle stupid ....I dont want any surprises while on the higheway like sticking valves or leaking valve0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts