LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if it's possible to put hydrolics on a '97 Acura Integra?

I see "kits" for air cags everywhere but no info on Hydros.

Why is that? because of the limited amount of space?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 12 2005, 08:04 AM~3797200
I wanted to know if it's possible to put hydrolics on a '97 Acura Integra?

I see "kits" for air cags everywhere but no info on Hydros.

Why is that?  because of the limited amount of space?
pro hopper had a bolt in kit for hondas- acura's....check them

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've found their website but can not seem to find any vehicle specific kits... i shot them an e-mail.

Are their any other places that may have kit's? Like i said, i seem to find Airbag kits everywhere but not hydros.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, i hear that there is a lot more maintence with a Hydro setup and less "trust-worthy" for a daily driver rather then an Airbag setup, is this true?

I'm not starting a Hydro/Airbag war, i just want to know your thoughts on it.

Thanks again all!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by socalwhiteguy@Sep 12 2005, 10:56 AM~3797604
Check out our Euro Kits.  Any of those will work for your car.
I shot you an e-mail at your Yahoo address from this forum... from "thegymrat"
I've got a few questions for ya.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 12 2005, 08:55 AM~3797601
also, i hear that there is a lot more maintence with a Hydro setup and less "trust-worthy" for a daily driver rather then an Airbag setup, is this true?

I'm not starting a Hydro/Airbag war, i just want to know your thoughts on it.

Thanks again all!

For a front wheel drive car, speaking from experience, there is alot more rrom for things to go wrong and wear. IMO FWD cars are better bagged, easier install, less wear, and you arent going to be hopping in a FWD frameless car.

Just some things to think about homie.

·
Registered
373 Posts
you def got to realize that having adjustible suspention is work. you got to keep up with it. i have hydraulics on my accord wagon and i love it. i had problems with leaks but ater i got all parker fittings it was leak free. hydraulics are more fun. the travel you get is worth it. cans you get like 4" of travel but with hydraulics you get way more. i can go from 2-3 inches tucking to 13" of weekgap. its fun,but it is work

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
FWD drive cars were just NOT designed to have that much suspension travel, where as with a driveshaft, you have more room work with (in a RWD). It can be done, I have done it multiple times, but each time its more headache for the owner....

Wheel bearings give way faster, bushings are shot to hell in a matter of weeks, KO's have a hard time staying put...

A whole host of issues when it comes to juice on a FWD... Once again it can be done, almost not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, thanks guys for all the comments... i'll go with the air on her then...

I'm trying to figure out the diffrences between the AirStruts and Cylinders right now.

Info from websites that sell AirStruts say they ride from Stock height to 4" drop...

I called a place that sells both Airstruts and Cylinders... they said Cylinders do go "higher" and "lower" then Airstruts, but they didnt have #'s

Plus they said because Cylinders are just metal cans, the only thing that can go wrong with them are the "seals", which usually never go bad. Where as with AirStruts, it's a Bag, and you can get holes, blowouts and so on.

Is this all true?
Thanks again for the help all, i really appreciate it!

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 12 2005, 10:39 AM~3798119
Plus they said because Cylinders are just metal cans, the only thing that can go wrong with them are the "seals", which usually never go bad.  Where as with AirStruts, it's a Bag, and you can get holes, blowouts and so on.

Is this all true?
Thanks again for the help all, i really appreciate it!
I'm no expert on FWD mods so maybe somebody can confirm, but I've heard that the seals going on air cylinders is actually a chronic problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 12 2005, 12:42 PM~3798132
I'm no expert on FWD mods so maybe somebody can confirm, but I've heard that the seals going on air cylinders is actually a chronic problem.
really? I was told they hardly ever go out...

can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by fatheadjames@Sep 12 2005, 07:41 AM~3797320
Yea man it's possible. I have hydraulics on my civic.
:twak: :twak:

sorry, but i dont see the point in putting juice on a ricer... those things are ment for speed.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 12 2005, 03:43 PM~3799242
really?  I was told they hardly ever go out...

can anyone confirm this?
air cylinders are garbage...i know people that have had them and they had nothing but problems...bags are lower maintainence but it all depends on how you treat your car and setup that dictates how much wear and tear it takes... hydraulics are more of a preventive maintainence setup..if you change your seals before they blow you really dont have any problems...a unibody car will most likely have a low voltage setup and the components will last a long time... stuff really only starts breaking when you start clowning and upping the voltage

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm, are'nt Cylinders a harsh ride like Hydros? There is no "rubber bag" for flexing in the suspension... so how does the suspension move?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Originally posted by mtb_rider04@Sep 12 2005, 05:47 PM~3799283
:twak:  :twak:

sorry, but i dont see the point in putting juice on a ricer... those things are ment for speed.
seriously if you want to go fast, get a v8...

some guy was just in town with pretty much one of the top dog ricers, a new lancer evo VIII with 400+ horsepower to the wheels, all wheel drive. he was talking all kinds of smack wanting to race anybody and everybody for money. another guy was like ok, let me give my friend a call. the next day his friend comes out with his 5.0 mustang. they race and the evo gets smoked hard. turns out the mustang was a 10 second car :biggrin: .

a v8 is simply a lot easier and cheaper to make "fast".

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Moco@Sep 12 2005, 06:06 PM~3800336
seriously if you want to go fast, get a v8...

some guy was just in town with pretty much one of the top dog ricers, a new lancer evo VIII with 400+ horsepower to the wheels, all wheel drive.  he was talking all kinds of smack wanting to race anybody and everybody for money.  another guy was like ok, let me give my friend a call.  the next day his friend comes out with his 5.0 mustang.  they race and the evo gets smoked hard.  turns out the mustang was a 10 second car  :biggrin: . 

a v8 is simply a lot easier and cheaper to make "fast".
yes they are...

now... are'nt Cylinders a harsh ride like Hydros? There is no "rubber bag" for flexing in the suspension... so how does the suspension move?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i dont believe air cylinders are a harsh ride...air compresses fluid does not.....if you want a juiced ride to be smooth you need accumulators which is pretty much required to do a fwd install properly

1 - 20 of 39 Posts