LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ey guys, my rides a unibody and i just wanna know if its a bad idea 2 juice it or not. its also got struts up front and irs, if that helps.
all i wanna do is f,b,s,s, pancake and seesaw. maybe a lil bit of chippin, no hopping.

its a 1995 holden commodore if u wana know.

hope u can help. thanx

peace

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You need to use Reverse cylinders, where the oil runs through the shaft, or Regular cyls turned upside down. Using upside down regs, the only difference is that the hose runs through the bottom, not the top
Hydraulic Struts

Last edited by hydryan at Jan 17 2004, 10:28 AM

·
Registered
970 Posts
1995 holden commodore.....what the heck! cars from down under eh?...juice that shit!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've owned a few unibody cars with hydros. My current Acura is 4 pumped with no signs of damage. As far as the McPherson strut up front, my style is a little different then what's suggested above. I would use a standard cylinder, cut your stock strut and slide it in with the fitting coming out the bottom. I've welded the cylinder in before, but make sure not to warp the inside of it from heat. Anyhow, you'll have to run the hose through the suspension, so make sure everything clears, then just bolt up the top. The reason I like to mount them upside down is because with a strut car, the cylinder is always turning. With the fitting on the bottom, that portion will be stationary while the top turns...and the hose won't move around...and won't rub on anything.

Good luck
-Aaron
www.artofnoize.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts