LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im a noob to this site, but definately not a noob to juice. Ive had 3 cars so far with basic old school Fenner setups, nothing wild.. just old GM cars with typical A-Arms and one Euro car with strut hydraulics I made out of a set of Red's #8's cylanders that I welded to stock strut shells. So fabbing stuff up by me isnt out of the question.

My current project is putting two pro hopper pumps on a 86 corvette for just front / back....nothing too fancy or extreme.

My question is, has anyone done any projects with similar type of suspensions such as a corvette? Any links, or information would be great. Will I have to get some speciality cylanders, or will the ones in my kit work ? Im not sure on that myself right now, but I got the kit at a pretty good price and was hard to turn down...so I have a new big project now :biggrin:

thanks

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I gues your talkin bout tha rear but Ive seen it dun befor so it cant be that hard

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, im interested in both front and back. But what bothers me is that there is no coil overs to place the cylander in, its just two A-ARM looking supports with a shock mounted in the middle. I know there are hydraulic cylandars that are specifically designed to be bolted on at both ends, I was just seeing if I could still get away with the #8 cylanders I already have. It would really suck if I had to get new cylanders...but I know thats the cost sometimes.

Perhaps I should take a couple of pics of the suspension and post it, i'll get to that as soon as its light outside.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here are some pics of my suspension in the front. Tell me your ideas on how to get my cylanders on.

and here is a pic of the car :

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks
\

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
just like this would be the easyest way ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just what I was looking for!

Kickass forum you all got here!

Now I just need to fab up a top mount, so the cylander can free float around while in motion. I was figuring it was close to that design as posted, but wanted to make sure.

One thing I do need is a source for material for the bottom of the cylander mount to the lower a-arm. I forget what kind of joint, I use, its called a hime joint, right? Im rusty on my hydro lingo :(

Where can I order some of those?

Thanks again!

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
yes either a hime joint or a power ball....but a power ball would allow the cylinder to move around ..so in the front probly best to use a hime joint

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. Im really exicted about putting these on my ride. It feels like the first time all over again. This time, no hopping... just clowning.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
dude just measure up the cylinder shaft 5/8'' drill a 1/2'' hole through it and mount it like a clevis . why spend the extra money . you dont have too! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wont that destroy the bolt since its not on a load bearing or bushing? Id imagine it would eat up the shaft from the inside out without a bearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts