LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
it all depends on what u plan on doing with the car..
1. street car
2. competition car
3. Show car
4. All of the above

it also depends on what u want the car to do
1. hop
2.Stand 3
3. rollin 3
4. Front, back, side to side, pancake, seesaw

But if ur a beginner its best to start out with a nice 2 pump street setup..and 6 to 8 batterys.. That was u have less to worry about when its installed correctly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you add a 3rd pump to a 2-pump setup after you get the hang of maintenance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want to use it as a street car but still be able to do a standin and rollin 3 and front bacc and side to side

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
well now u will be getting into the more advance parts.. Rebracing stress points or just rebracing the entire frame.. and to do a standing 3 you will basically need atleast 3 pumps and a chain bridge.. And atleast 4 to 8 batteries.. depending on how heavy the car is..i advise you to seach the net for a 3 pump setup.. www.prohopper.com
www.redshydros.com
www.coolcars.org
www.showtimehydraulics.com
www.blackmagichydraulics.com
www.xtremehydraulics.com
and there are a few more but those are the more popular ones!! pretty much which is more convinent or which ever u seem to like more.. Yes some people say some brands are better than others but if ur just building a streetcar then they all are fine..Everyone just has their personal favorites

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Originally posted by Gangstarr@Aug 15 2006, 10:27 PM~5977189
Can you add a 3rd pump to a 2-pump setup after you get the hang of maintenance?
yes you can add a 3rd pump in whenever you like.. But u wil have to change the way u plumb the pumps.. instead of 2 pumps with 2 dumps each on them u will go to 3 pumps 1 pump with 2 dumps and the other 2 pumps will on ly have 1 dump each on them..

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
post a pic of the car I usualy tell a setups by just looking at a car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts