LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a second battery about two weeks ago, I put it in my trunk, I ran the 2nd battery off of the 4G power wire that was already ran from my original battery, so it now sits next to my subs and amp...

Today I get in my car and it sounds like my subs are both blown, I was like wtf? So it turns out that I check the voltege of the battery in my trunk, and it was almost dead, So I hooked up the battery charger to the dead battery and listened to the system again, and it sounded great

Now my problem..... the 2nd battery is not getting charged enough, it does not have enough juice to supply the amp good power? Will an isolator fix this problem???

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will an isolator really make that much of a difference? Where can I buy one at

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Jan 1 2004, 03:20 PM

·
Registered
261 Posts
u need some form of isolator..

if not the battery with the higher voltage, wil continue to try bring other battery equal to it..

the result is that eventulay both batteries will match voltage....

0 VOLTS

·
Registered
119 Posts
no dude just hook up a battery charger that will charge 2 batteries\

Don't mind me i'm drunk lol

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
So you just split off your battery and ran a wire to the back. Man sometimes I just don't know. Buy yourself an Isolator.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup,thats what I did, how much is an isolator, and does it matter how good it is, brand etc..? or will anything work

·
Registered
261 Posts
the only problem with isolators is the the heat generated in the diodes, and the voltage drop across them..

i run split charging relay's now much better with no noticable voltage drop.. (they dont suit every install but work fine for me)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heat generated in the diodes, and the voltage drop?

Where can I find split charging relays?

and by voltage drop do you mean, that it will not charge the battery good, which will not solve my problem

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Jan 2 2004, 01:22 PM
heat generated in the diodes, and the voltage drop?

Where can I find split charging relays?

and by voltage drop do you mean, that it will not charge the battery good, which will not solve my problem
Stinger has a relay that cost about $80.00. It is pretty nice, but there are some that are lesseer. It depends on your charging cycle, and your amperage draw. Not trying to confuse you. Just look for the 200 Isolator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts