LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i wanna lower my 95 ranger xlt but i keep hearin shit about if i dont get the lowered i beams then my wheels will camber hella. what im askin is, if i get juice or bags if i raise it up will it bring the tires to the normal allignment or close to it? also is ther any sites that i can get lowered i beams for UNDER 300 bux each? i checked fbimini.com and they wanted like 350 or somethin crzy like that?

if someone can tell me everything i need to lower my truck right and give some sites to wher i can get the parts that would really be great. thanx for ur time

(oh yea pix will really help me out too)
peace~n~beanz

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Dec 2 2003, 12:25 AM
ok i wanna lower my 95 ranger xlt but i keep hearin shit about  if i dont get the lowered i beams then my wheels will camber hella. what im askin is, if i get juice or bags if i raise it up will it bring the tires to the normal allignment or close to it? also is ther any sites that i can get lowered i beams for UNDER 300 bux each? i checked fbimini.com and they wanted like 350 or somethin crzy like that?

if someone can tell me everything i need to lower my truck right and give some sites to wher i can get the parts that would really be great.  thanx for ur time

(oh yea pix will really help me out too)
peace~n~beanz
you can counter act negative camber (the wheels pointing inwards) by extending the upper arms. Im not familiar with a rangers suspension, but it shouldnt be too hard :) Remember - You should align your car to its normal riding height.

Last edited by Foompla at Dec 2 2003, 12:55 AM

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ok, what happens if you ride on cambered wheels?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Dec 2 2003, 01:13 AM
o ok, what happens if you ride on cambered wheels?
youll get increased stability through the twisties :cheesy: j/p

and your tires will wear out alot faster. (inside edges)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ight, thanx man

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
If you lower it, and it cambers out, just take it in to a shop and they will put some spacers in the front and have it aligned.

·
Registered
343 Posts
number 1 rangers dont have a arms, number 2 if u juice it or bag it the camber will always be out of wack. the proper way to juice or bag a ranger, or any vehicle with I beams ( 1965-97 ford trucks) is to do a clip swap ( mustang II's and cameros are quite popular, also the valore clip which is torsion bar) as for dropped I beams, go with AIM, djm dream beams blow ass, AIM beams are strong as fuck and cheaper, last i heard they were $369 a pair

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You can space the torsion bar mounts on the end. That way they will sit higher with the lower of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts