LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep, went to the Impalas show today in Durahm, danced it against a 4 pumped, 16 battery dancer with no engine or tranny and what looked to be a 2 pumped caddy, and i wooped some ass. i was woopin the ass of my 66 a little too much though and ended up buckling both my quarter panels. hopefully robert gets up here soon so you guys can check out the video. i'll post pics up later.

its all good though, this is just another reason why i have to candy out and pattern my impala by the end of next year. if the impala breaks, it only gets better ;) .

nice meeting you cracker!! :)

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some pictures. on both sides, it bent out, not in. its about the same on both sides, but the drivers side is a bit worse. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Sep 12 2005, 02:31 PM~3799625
a dent on your car is a dent, but damn, this is more then a dent.  this is my frame going..

who said you wont mess up your car with bags?  puro pedo, todo queriendo se puede  :biggrin:
nobody said hoping on bags was ok

that is still alot of fuckin stress

i always say full hydros is mandatory reinforcment
bags isn't unless you want to 3 wheel and box

but if you want a frame i will have an extra one soon

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
Did you wrap the frame? If you did, then daaaaamn, that's some stress.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 12 2005, 06:44 PM~3799724
whos the bad ass girl with your car?  shes  :eek:
shes just a friend. lol,, nah, shes some girl that was at the show. i dont like people touching my car no matter who or what you are. then my stupid ass cousin tells her to go take a picture next to my car. it wasnt her fault she touched my car. kinda felt like knocking another one of my cousins tooths out though.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Syte@Sep 12 2005, 07:08 PM~3799875
Did you wrap the frame? If you did, then daaaaamn, that's some stress.
nah, no wrapping. only a 1" scrape plate in the front which is pretty close to 1/4" now. i think im going to have some of the guys in the club help me reinforce my arches where my wheels are, hopefully here within the next few weeks.

hey joe, how much for a frame? what type of condition is it in?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Sep 12 2005, 04:18 PM~3800412
nah, no wrapping.  only a 1" scrape plate in the front which is pretty close to 1/4" now.  i think im going to have some of the guys in the club help me reinforce my arches where my wheels are, hopefully here within the next few weeks.

hey joe, how much for a frame?  what type of condition is it in?
well it's on a 65 impala i'm gonna be pickin up
so i guess original
i put cash in on it for the motor and my cuz put in for the fenders and a bit of trim
the rest is for sale
i was thinkging od finding someone who wants a full done restored rolling chassis
but if a homie needs a frame you got it

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im planning on painting it again with what will be my "show" paint job. how do you think my quarter pannels will hold up if i take it easy on hopping the back from now on, reinforce my arches, and smooth out the buckles? you really think i should go with a new frame already?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Sep 12 2005, 06:50 PM~3801560
im planning on painting it again with what will be my "show" paint job.  how do you think my quarter pannels will hold up if i take it easy on hopping the back from now on, reinforce my arches, and smooth out the buckles?  you really think i should go with a new frame already?
na porta power should fix the problem

is there any problems witht the way the floor and wheel wells line up?

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Sep 11 2005, 11:32 PM~3796564
yep, went to the Impalas show today in Durahm, danced it against a 4 pumped, 16 battery dancer with no engine or tranny and what looked to be a 2 pumped caddy, and i wooped some ass.  i was woopin the ass of my 66 a little too much though and ended up buckling both my quarter panels.  hopefully robert gets up here soon so you guys can check out the video.  i'll post pics up later.

its all good though, this is just another reason why i have to candy out and pattern my impala by the end of next year.  if the impala breaks, it only gets better  ;) .

nice meeting you cracker!!  :)
Yea, bummer about your car... but what a freakn' show. That mofo can hop! You should have heard all the folks wigging on how radical your car was during the dance. I'll bet if you reinforce the frame before you do anymore wicked shit like that you'll be ok… Someone once told me if you buckle a car you have got to wrap the frame immediately or your car will really get fucked up… :0

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
Kind of a crappy photo, but here is Moco's ride in action that day...
[attachmentid=276848]

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
yeah once a frame has started movin as it does when you buckle q panels it will keep moving real bad until you reinforce it because it found a weak point and it will make it weaker.

·
Registered
161 Posts
you runnin nitro or scuba or just compressed air? if you really got mad cause she leaned on your car sounds like you need to go to the doc and get some xanax cause if she leaned on my car the only thing I would possibly be mad about is her not bending over enuff. lol

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by 85rockerdraggins10@Sep 14 2005, 10:29 PM~3816553
you runnin nitro or scuba or just compressed air?  if you really got mad cause she leaned on your car sounds like you need to go to the doc and get some xanax cause if she leaned on my car the only thing I would possibly be mad about is her not bending over enuff. lol
what did he said?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Bummer about the damage, but WOW, I only wish I could see your car LIVE in action. Your really pushing those bags. How is the york mods holding up.

BTW I dig the video with the old school techno.

Can't wait to see the return of the 66... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts