LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUCK, YESTERDAY AFTER PUTTING DEEP CUPS IN THE FRONT OF MY 64. I WAS DOING ALITTLE GAS HOPPING DOWN THE STREET AND HEARD A LOUD SNAP. ONCE I PULLED OVER I NOTICED I HAD SNAPPED MY FRONT SPRING IN 2 PIECES(THE SPRINGS ARE PROBABLY 3 YEARS OLD). I PUT THE DEEP CUPS IN BECAUSE THE PASS SIDE CUP KEPT POPPING OUT OF THE SPRING, THE SAME SIDE THAT THE BROKEN SPRING IS ON. WTF IS GOING ON? I AM STARTING TO GET SICK OF ALL THE PROBLEMS!! :angry:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
happens to everyone but is all good i got a whole in my gas tank last night from riddin with the front up and back down and the streets here pretty i woke up and there was a lil puddle of gas is just a sall hole i plugged it up for now until i get a new gas tank

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOT TO MENTION MY DRIVERS SIDE CYLINDER LOOKS LIKE ITS STARTING TO LEAK. I'VE HAD MY SET UP FOR 3 MONTHS HERE'S WHAT I'VE REPLACED:

ALL 4 CHECKS
SWITCH BOX
FRONT CUPS
FRONT SPRINGS

GETTING FRUSTRATED!

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE@Jul 24 2005, 09:52 AM
NOT TO MENTION MY DRIVERS SIDE CYLINDER LOOKS LIKE ITS STARTING TO LEAK. I'VE HAD MY SET UP FOR 3 MONTHS HERE'S WHAT I'VE REPLACED:

ALL 4 CHECKS
SWITCH BOX
FRONT CUPS
FRONT SPRINGS

GETTING FRUSTRATED!
[snapback]3468811[/snapback]​
Meh??If ya don't like it,cut your dick off,buy a new V-DUB beetle,put a big flower sticker on the hood and call it yours!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by lowdeville@Jul 24 2005, 09:38 AM
Meh??If ya don't like it,cut your dick off,buy a new V-DUB beetle,put a big flower sticker on the hood and call it yours!
[snapback]3468940[/snapback]​
sounds like you started off with junk LOL :biggrin:

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Jul 24 2005, 10:46 AM
sounds like you started off with junk LOL :biggrin:
[snapback]3468971[/snapback]​
Probably bought the "LRM street kit special"and now he wonders why it's all going to shit!

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
These are the guys who shouldn't have hydro's,they'll whine to everyone that it's all junk blah blah blah,you have to expect to do some maintenance.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the guys who shouldn't have hydro's,they'll whine to everyone that it's all junk blah blah blah,you have to expect to do some maintenance.
[snapback]3468994[/snapback]​
[/q

i never said it was junk jus wondering if the cylinder could be out of alignment or something! instead of jumping to conclusions and being a dick, you could offer some advice. It is my first set-up so it gets frustrating, evertytime i fix one thing something else breaks.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS TAKE IT TO A REALLY GOOD SHOP YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE SPRINGS POPPIN OUT AND SHIT FLYIN NOT UNLESS YOU GOT A BAD ASS HOPPER. HAVE THEM LOOK IT OVER NOT SAYIN YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE. WHAT KIND OF SETUP YOU GOT IS IT MADE FOR HOPPING ANY REINFORCEMENTS ANYWHERE HAS BUSHINGS ALL BEEN REPLACED. DON'T TAKE IT TO WHOEVER DID IT THE FIRST TIME. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
WHEN I FIRST PUT HYDROS IN MY 64 I HAD EVERY PROBLEM AMAGINABLE HAPPEN TO ME BUT U LEARN HEAPS AND CORRECT YOUR PROBLEMS DIS IS LOWRIDERS WERE TALKN ABOUT BE PREPARED FOR ALOT OF MAINTANCE BUT UR ALSO HAVE THE BEST TIMES OF UR LIFE :cool:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Jul 24 2005, 09:52 AM
Hopping a car can only result in some kind of damage.  SO you have to be prepared.

ITS ALL ABOUT QUALITY COMPONENTS....    ;)
[snapback]3468984[/snapback]​

I heard that :cool: When i had the hydros on the noma back in late 96 i was a fucking hopping madman when i took them off I had to replace the whole entire front suspension and bushings :angry: You gots to pay to play doe bro.....So i said fuck and decided to put the hydros back on ;) Got sick of not having a shitty ass bouncy ride ;) I mean come on.....What fun is it unless your ride bouces all over the place :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by L0WKEY@Jul 24 2005, 05:00 PM
WHEN I FIRST PUT HYDROS IN MY 64 I HAD EVERY PROBLEM AMAGINABLE HAPPEN TO ME BUT U LEARN HEAPS AND CORRECT YOUR PROBLEMS DIS IS LOWRIDERS WERE TALKN ABOUT BE PREPARED FOR ALOT OF MAINTANCE BUT UR ALSO HAVE THE BEST TIMES OF UR LIFE  :cool:
[snapback]3470437[/snapback]​

YOU LIVE AND LEARN, THE MORE THAT BREAKS THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT MY SET-UP. SPENDING MORE MONEY IS NEVER FUN THOUGH!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
sorry to hear about another problem, i really dont know why the spring would have been poping out in the first palce, other than maby since it was a really short stack of coil and with the reg cups, when you put the deep cups in did they fit inside the springs proper? or was it tight and not want to fit? maby when you where hitting the switches the cup poped into place and thats when the spring cracked? i does kinda seem wierd that it was on the same side tho

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i know its fucked. could it just be a coincidence that its the same side. the springs were old, anyways now i'll go and get me some chrome 3 tons. :biggrin:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE@Jul 24 2005, 06:55 PM
YOU LIVE AND LEARN, THE MORE THAT BREAKS THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT MY SET-UP.  SPENDING MORE MONEY IS NEVER FUN THOUGH!
[snapback]3470631[/snapback]​
money is meant to be spent.....

you wouldnt appreciate it or have as much fun if shit was all free...... it would get real boring real quick..... ;)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
if it was cheap and easy, everybody would be doing it.

after 3 years, the coils probally had enough abuse. the check valves that come with kits are shit anyways, ive never had good luck with them either. its been stated above, quality components-you get what you pay for!

·
OLD SCHOOL OG
7,286 Posts
double check to see you might be binding your cylinder up, it may not have enough room or big enough hole for the cylinder to fit upright or safely. happens to everyone once. get used to it , and remember tap tap to lift, you may be brick laying those switches too

1 - 20 of 46 Posts