LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, i cant decide weather to juice or bag my 63 imp!!! now i know some of u guys are gonna say juice and some bag, but i dont know!! the car will probly be a daily driver and i dont know if hydros are the right thing if the car is a daily. so im askin for your guys help. i know this is the hydro forum and most of u guys will say to juice it, but still, i wanna know the BEST solution. remember, its a 63 thats gonna be a daily, so keep that in mind if u give me advice. thanks, Peace.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
welll how about this,wat is your style? do you like it to throw sparks?or jump and get on three wheels? a 63 is my dream car (i am 11 years old) so i would choose hydros but like i said if you want your car to drag on the ground and shoot sparks get bags but if you want your car to jump really high and do three wheels i recomend hydros

and now here are the down side to both (do get me wrong on this i am not trying to talk you out of it) with air bags IF you drag it you will have to be willing to mess up your bumpers (like eat the shit out of them and sometimes they fall off)
but with hydros you have to SOMETIMES deal with leaky lines and stuff like that )

but on a 63 either would look good

:cool: peace,jordan

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by layin lo in tha 87@Aug 11 2005, 04:26 PM~3595547
juice it. do like a 2 pump, 4 battery setup.
Throw a couple of accumulators in the rear if you're scared of the ride,it will ride better than air.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by 308 impala@Aug 11 2005, 03:29 PM~3595564
welll how about this,wat is your style? do you like it to throw sparks?or jump and get on three wheels? a 63 is my dream car (like eat the shit out of them and sometimes they fall off
but with hydros you have to SOMETIMES deal with leaky lines and stuff like that )
but on a 63 either would look good

:cool: peace,jordan
WOW :0 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 11 2005, 05:09 PM~3596183
i thought the same. he makes more sence and seems to be smarter than more than a few other people on here. :roflmao:

:roflmao:

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 11 2005, 06:09 PM~3596183
i thought the same. he makes more sence and seems to be smarter than more than a few other people on here. :roflmao:
lol thats for sure

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
juice the impala..never bag an impala..thats disgraceful! lol....juice it...put some accumes in the rear and youll be fine....2 pump 4 batts on a daily is the way to go....hell go 6 batts itll last longer...i did that with my lincoln for the logest time....just added 5 more batts though and another pump lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i would juice the car cuz i would like to make a traditional low-low, but the only thing stoppin me is that i would wanna git my frame wrapped or atleast the stress points re-enforced. the thing is that i live in Western Washington (Aberdeen if anybody knows where that is) and the closest place that i know that does frame-wraps and re-enforcements in in Fedral Way, thats like an hour from here, and he want 6 g's for a full wrap. 6 G'S!!!!! that WAY too much for my buget. and he wants to change like 3 g's just fo the stress points. but iono how to re-enforce a car cuz this is my first low-low and i dont want to take of the body in order to do it. but if i was able to find a place that was close yet didnt charge that much, hell, id go for it. but i havent found one. hey slamed87, didnt u say that u drove ur juiced lincolns daily? did u hop or 3? but if any of u guys can help me out, i would REALLY appreciate it. remember i live in Aberdeen, WA, so if ur close to me, and will wrap a frame for a good price, hit me up. thanks, peace.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i have a 63.. but i would never make it a daily... i love driving it.. but it doesn't get driven in the rain.. or snow.. but you can do it..it's your car.

i would get a beater for a daily or pick up another ride .. and have 1 juiced and 1 bagged :biggrin:

i haven't had air so i can't comment on that.. only hydraulics... but if i had to do it again.. i would still have juice in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
when i think impala i think all og, down to the hubcabs. a nice light blue with blue or white interior, or black with red or tan interior. all back to stock, little bit smaller tires on the stock rims and dropped a little bit.

if i was to install an active suspension, i would juice it. 2 pumps and 4 batts with some realistic coils, like stock ones outta the front cut down in the rear, and 2-3 tons for the front. make it so it doesnt lay if its a daily, itll ride better, and you wont have to worry about getting stranded. 5/8 extension on the a-arms will be straight when locked up.

4 switches, front back and side to side is all you need. 8 and 10" cylinders. no hopping or 3wheeling or rolling locked up and you will be fine. you can roll almost locked, where thers just a lil play in the suspension, but fully locked will take its toll on your crossmember.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
gimme a couple days and I will tell ya how the accumulators work. Right now, I will say bags. The ride is absolutly wonderful with bags. My juiced cars ride so bad, they dont get driven. Anything more than 15 miles, they get trailered to. Thats no joke. I can handle it, but dont like the abuse on the car on those long trips(15+ miles), and pretty dangerous handling. I am installing accumulators next week to try and make em drivable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
let me know how the accumulators ride. cuz ive heard that they ride better then air. but still, im not sure what to git, cuz there r pros and cons to both. so iono, i still need more opinions, so keep em comin guys. peace.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if you just want to lift and lay, get some 2600's, a 12 gallon tank, a 200 PSI switch, and an engine driven compressor.

you'll be very happy, even though you wont hop or stand 3

but if hopping and standing 3 are your thing, then juice is the answer.

I've had both, and I did both of my own setups, I can tell you the pros and cons of each

1 - 20 of 36 Posts