LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am runnin 2 mtx thunder 15's and a rockford fosgate bdpower 500 amp. It started makeing alot of weird noises... but when i move the cd player around it stops. I dont know if its engine noises or what. It just started doing that. I have the speakers bridged to each other. What could be making those noises? It kinda sounds like i got a nice exhaust sound but when you turn the radio off the inside of my car is real quiet. its pretty damn annoying.

·
Registered
39 Posts
do you have your RCA's and power wires ran on seperate sides of the car?

also, check all of your grounds... make sure all of them are touching bare metal...

Last edited by Mac2118 at Nov 5 2003, 11:37 PM

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they are together... but that cant be the problem or the ground. Because when i wiggle the deck around a lil it will stop the noise until bass hits then the noise is back till i wiggle it again. and the grounds are fine... secure as a mother fucker straight to the chassis.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
do you have multiple components grounded to a bunch of different spots?? is your headunit old?? is the system in an older car with a large ignition coil??

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
headunit isnt ancient.... no the amp is the only thing grounded there.... and its a 91 rodeo.... dont know how big the ignition coil is.

the headunit is a JVC kds 670 i believe

Last edited by lacontheframe at Nov 5 2003, 10:52 PM

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
thats some strange shit... try running the rcas on the opposite side of the vehicle.. see what happens

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill try that... but i really doubt that is the problem because ive had the system for like a year and it just started this shit.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by lacontheframe@Nov 5 2003, 10:53 PM
ill try that... but i really doubt that is the problem because ive had the system for like a year and it just started this shit.
good point man but from where im sitting i have nothing else to advise...

other than try a different headunit... see if the problem goes away or not...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya im gonna do it for the hell of it. and also, has anyone had problems with their RF bass remotes? they SUCK! i went throught 3 of them fuckers. pieces of shit. One question.... what is the purpose of RCAs? when i disconnect them nothing happens and subs sound the same. Never knew what they were for.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
man.... wtf are you doin if you can dissconnect your rcas and still have your subs play music????

those are supposed to send the musical electronic signals to your amp from your deck.......

you didnt hook up the high level inputs AND the rcas to your amp did you???

man i hope your joking with me

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:ugh: maybe.... wtf? :dunno: All i know is that i went a week without rcas even hooked up. shit banged like normal though.... what did i do wrong now?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by lacontheframe@Nov 5 2003, 11:13 PM
:ugh: maybe.... wtf? :dunno: All i know is that i went a week without rcas even hooked up. shit banged like normal though.... what did i do wrong now?
did you connect any speaker wires comming from your headunit to the amps high level inputs??

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by lacontheframe@Nov 5 2003, 11:17 PM
no... only speaker wires hooked up are from the subs.
man i dont know whats up with that i suggest you call an excorsist cause your ride is obviously posessed by the devil himself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts