LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and now I'm having problems putting the freaking steering wheel back on :uh: . Could some body please help me? I'm trying to get some kind of ring back on the steering column assembly. Here's the problem:
It takes two hands to hold back the lil plasic piece that connects the steering wheel and one hand to slide on the ring.....wtf?! I only have 2 hands. Is this suppose to be a 2 man job?

You're probably having a hard ttime trying to understanding what I'm trying to say so if someone tells me how, I'll post pics to better explain things.
Aight Peace

·
49,409 Posts
Use your penis......

it's worked for me......

L8

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
your local parts house sales a tool called a GM lock plate installer/remover. it should run about $12. I did it once the hard way, took me two days!!!!!!! then next time I got the tool and it took 5 minutes.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a friend of mine to help me get it back on, but now it has a wobble in the the steering wheel.
Thanks dough, I'll try what you said.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by BUTTAFINGUZ@Nov 8 2003, 04:33 PM
I got a friend of mine to help me get it back on, but now it has a wobble in the the steering wheel.
when i did my first one, without the tool, i ruined on of the baerings and it woobled too!!haha
i never fixed it, just drove it that way untill i sold it.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dough916+Nov 11 2003, 10:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dough916 @ Nov 11 2003, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BUTTAFINGUZ@Nov 8 2003, 04:33 PM
when i did my first one, without the tool, i ruined on of the baerings and it woobled too!!haha
i never fixed it, just drove it that way untill i sold it.[/b][/quote]
Chance are I mess mine too.... I'm not sure but that would be my luck :uh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts