LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i know this sounds crazy but i need to find a lightweight combo for my car. its not an all out drag car, still has wheels and interior, but its a fast every once in a while car and the 9sq ft box and 3 xxx's is waaay too heavy. i know that anything decent isnt going to be exactly lightweight, but i need a sub that doesnt way 75lbs. i want the best i can get without adding too much more weight to the car. no budget limit. im thinking its going to be a single sub setup. help me brainstorm guys. i know people here have dealt with many different subs so im trying to see if there is something you guys know of that performed really well but didnt weigh too much.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by purplemonte@Sep 17 2007, 11:01 PM~8813305
hey guys. i know this sounds crazy but i need to find a lightweight combo for my car.  its not an all out drag car, still has wheels and interior, but its a fast every once in a while car and the 9sq ft box and 3 xxx's is waaay too heavy. i know that anything decent isnt going to be exactly lightweight, but i need a sub that doesnt way 75lbs. i want the best i can get without adding too much more weight to the car. no budget limit.  im thinking its going to be a single sub setup. help me brainstorm guys. i know people here have dealt with many different subs so im trying to see if there is something you guys know of that performed really well but didnt weigh too much.

what kinda window are we working in as far as wieght goes (sub and enclosure)?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Sporty@Sep 18 2007, 08:05 PM~8820607
what kinda window are we working in as far as wieght goes (sub and enclosure)?

i really dont have a limit set. its without a doubt gonna have some bass, i hate driving a car without good music. so even if i add a couple more lbs to the car, its gonna happen. like i said, i dont really have a weight in mind, and i dont want a shitty 2 lb visonik. i want something that is quality shit, just dont want to do the 2 15's or 4 12's kinda thing ya know. im thinking a nice LOUD single 12 or possibly 15. and fiberglass is no problem, im sure it wil be lighter than a mdf enclosure. i just havent had experience with enough different subs to make a decision. i appreciate the help man. and i appreciate help from anybody else

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
pm sent!

I have 1 kicker S12L7 and a memphis 1500D for sale! ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
a sealed 10' or a baffle & speaker that way you do not need a whole box, with a memphis amp will be pretty lite and give great response

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 19 2007, 09:22 AM~8823681
Fi BL 12" Ported with a Sundown SAE-1000D  :cheesy:

Go through me to get the amp for best pricing...  :cool:

See links in sig for product info...  ;)

hey brian pm me with a price. im really interested in these amps. i saw a guy in maryland with 4 sundown amps pushing 4 dd 9515's and it was loud as all hell. i have never heard anything of them since then. that fi looks nice too. im waiting on a response to those guys for a weight. the 15" looks tempting too :biggrin: thanks man

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by purplemonte@Sep 19 2007, 07:10 PM~8827224
hey brian pm me with a price. im really interested in these amps. i saw a guy in maryland with 4 sundown amps pushing 4 dd 9515's and it was loud as all hell. i have never heard anything of them since then. that fi looks nice too. im waiting on a response to those guys for a weight. the 15" looks tempting too  :biggrin:  thanks man

yeh, me and scott from FI are workin on a lil somethin somethin... good company there. He's workin on tailoring up two Q15's for a 4th order (helpin out on the box spec's too)...so, cant really complain about them, hopefully i can go through them to finish my build on my truck... if not, then it'll be 4 image dynamics IDQv.3 10's in a sexy lil BP one of the IDTechs cooked up ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
DD is a rather large company in the usac and db drag scene but can be over priced and are made to create as much presure without regaurd to sound quality

1 - 9 of 9 Posts