LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how is it going to ride with four batteries in the back. Instead of springs I m going to use a pipe just like a coilover set up I want my ride to ride soft. If you have done this before on this kind of car please help out I want some more ideas. ;)

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
that is exactly how euros are done and cp just did a 600 benz and did the same set up so it should ride nice .

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got accumz on my linc with no springz.. ull notice the ride quality as soon as u go for a crusie, just dont drive locked up or all the way down unless ur clownin, in the middle is the better ride quality, buy some extra o rings ull go thru them quicker, and make sure u keep new clean oil in ur setup. i had old oil, it rode like harder then usual, put new oil in one day and it was a night n day diffnrece, it was weird

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TUXNUTZ@Dec 14 2003, 12:44 PM
i got accumz on my linc with no springz.. ull notice the ride quality as soon as u go for a crusie, just dont drive locked up or all the way down unless ur clownin, in the middle is the better ride quality, buy some extra o rings ull go thru them quicker, and make sure u keep new clean oil in ur setup. i had old oil, it rode like harder then usual, put new oil in one day and it was a night n day diffnrece, it was weird
Dam that sounds nice and by the way homie do have a reinforced frame. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
It should ride great. You'll just have to make sure you have the correct charge in the accumulators. I have Parker 21 ci bladders and I keep mine at 550 front and 400 rear. I have a friend with the little 1 pint accumulators and he keeps those at about 800 psi. Different size accumulators require different pressures. Good luck.

-Aaron
www.artofnoize.com

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Don't know where you're livin' and how much stuff you have in your trunk but three and five hundred sounds pretty excessive for this time of year. Everyone's car and driving style is different, so regardless, you're not going to know what setting is better until you take it out for a spin and adjusting it a few times. And FYI, I just changed mine for the season to 175psig in the front and 125psig in the rear.

·
Registered
237 Posts
nah i aint got no reinforcements, i have a 6 inch notched rear frame tho that was strengthn up a lil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts