LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brittany, I am a Student at Eastfield Community College. I am Currently in the Process of earning my Associates Degree in Autobody Technology. The only class I have left to take is my Co-op, I need to have at least 16 hours a week at a job in the autobody industry. I can do Body Work (apply and work body filler, metal glaze etc.), Prep, tape and mask, Paint (spray Primer, Sealer, Basecoat, Clearcoat, Flake, and Candy), Color Sand, and Buff.

I have at least 4 years of experience working on Cars, 2 years in High School and 2 years at Easfield, but I haven't ever worked in a Body Shop. I am a hard worker, and a fast learner. I am a Team player, when assigned to Team Work I'm usually the one appointed by the Instructors as Teamleader, or chosen by Team members to be the Team Captain. I am also used to working solo, I am a very Independent worker when assigned solo projects, which the Instruxtors at Eastfield choose me to do quite often in which I rarely ask for help unless I really need it.

Eventually I would really like to get into Custom Painting, but anything that has to do with Autobody Technology is fine, I'm always looking to Improve my skills. The more I can practice perfecting my fundamental skills the quicker I will be and can in turn have more time to try my hand at other skills in the Custom Paint side. Like Pinstriping, Patterns, and Airbrushing! :biggrin:

So Please let me know if you know of anyone or any body shop who is hiring. You can PM me their Contact Information.

And Thanks Again to everyone who has checked out my posts. The Advice is really helpful, the Feedback is really great, and the Support is really awesome! I am so Glad I was Introduced to this website! :biggrin: I've learned so much, and have been Inspired by lots of guys and girls representing their area, and have much respect for the Lifestyle! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by ~~RED~~@Jan 28 2010, 12:16 PM~16440846
good luck with your search, I hope you find a good shop that will help you, instead of use you. Its a tough industry right now....I wish you the best of luck :cool:
That is going to be your biggest challenge, and some of the biggest offenders of that is the big corporate chain shops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ~~RED~~@Jan 28 2010, 01:16 PM~16440846
good luck with your search, I hope you find a good shop that will help you, instead of use you. Its a tough industry right now....I wish you the best of luck :cool:
Thanks :happysad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 79 cutty@Jan 28 2010, 01:28 PM~16440956
That is going to be your biggest challenge, and some of the biggest offenders of that is the big corporate chain shops.

:( That Sucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Jan 28 2010, 01:29 PM~16440976
Good luck.  Keep trying.  :cool:

Thank You I Will :happysad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by DA_SQUID@Jan 28 2010, 01:47 PM~16441164
poidh

What? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by macgyver@Jan 28 2010, 09:31 PM~16445741
good luck

Thanks :happysad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by DA_SQUID@Jan 28 2010, 09:43 PM~16445839
idk but good luck :cheesy:

Lol ok Thanks! :happysad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 63RIVI@Jan 28 2010, 10:27 PM~16446391
Good luck. Hope you find something soon. Keep your chin up.....you're one of the few women painters out there.

Thanks :biggrin: n I will! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by cutebratt04@Jan 28 2010, 01:59 PM~16440699


I'm always looking to Improve my skills. The more I can practice perfecting my fundamental skills the quicker I will be and can in turn have more time to try my hand at other skills in the Custom Paint side. Like Pinstriping, Patterns, and Airbrushing!  :biggrin:


As long as you keep that attitude you will succeed. Most people learn a few basic things and want to skip to the top. The basics will stick with you forever and only help you in the future. Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
dont you have to show them you work inorder to get a job at a shop??just get a regular job and paint cars as a side hustle thats what ima do but i dont kno where to start as in school wise uti is in sacramento and they deal with painting etc im n so cal ill juz paint on the side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by 86bluemcLS@Jan 28 2010, 11:42 PM~16447414
dont you have to show them you work inorder to get a job at a shop??just get a regular job and paint cars as a side hustle thats what ima do but i dont kno where to start as in school wise uti is in sacramento and they deal with painting etc im n so cal ill juz paint on the side

I did show them my Portfolio of the stuff I've Painted at school and they were really Impressed, but everyones too slow right now to hire me.
 
1 - 20 of 168 Posts
Top