LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I guess what do you consider really loud? Cause that really wouldnt be all that loud to me... Maybe clear. Thats alot of cash to just dump on an amp and a 12" without even having a box for it. Hope you dont buy from them, crutchfield is a bunch of theives (price wise at least)

Dont get me wrong, the Alpine X and that amp are both great choices and wont let you down mechanically and electrically, but there is such better stuff out there for less.

I tell you one thing though, if you (or anyone reading this thread) is interested in what your average, normal every day loud car setup has in it, look on

http://www.realmofexcursion.com

on there, is an entire section dedicated to home videos of people who installed particular speaker brands in there car, and took films of it in action. I personally have 6 videos on there, and will be putting more up anytime I get a new sub in. Check out the "VIDEOS" section of that site. Some fun videos of people blowing up speakers too......me included :)

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 11 2005, 03:05 PM~3793608
I guess what do you consider really loud?  Cause that really wouldnt be all that loud to me...  Maybe clear.  Thats alot of cash to just dump on an amp and a 12" without even having a box for it.    Hope you dont buy from them, crutchfield is a bunch of theives (price wise at least)

Dont get me wrong, the Alpine X and that amp are both great choices and wont let you down mechanically and electrically, but there is such better stuff out there for less.
Well what do you recomend me bro I want my system to sound thunderous :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
yeh, i agree, its better to see/hear for yourself... when i bought my first system, i bought it because someone suggested it, and to me, it wasnt all that great, i guess i was just looking for a specific sound, and that wasnt it....now to the ones that suggested it, that was prolly the sound that they consider "a need to have", but it wasnt what i considered "a need to have"...

when i hunted and scouted on my own, got a good idea of the sound i was looking for and what type of sub (not brand, but type...they almost coincide when you think about it ;) ) would fit, and perform best in the amount of space i was limited to, i ended up with the sound i had in mind....

long story short, its better to wait a while and do something yourself then to be fast about it and get something that someone else likes (not you)....

-qs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts