LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a stronger alternator, because my alternator that I have now only puts out 60 amps? It's too weak for the system and I don't even have loud beats. The audio amp is taking to much power. I've killed one alternator - a battery - and finally just took the fuse out of the amp so that it didn't drain anymore.
Where can I get a 100 watt amp - any suggestion other than EBay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
As far as the amp goes, wal mart, pawn shop, LoL or a local shop around you. There are also some very good online retailers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Id go with an alt from Dominick Iraggi, I have 4 of his alts and they have always performed well for me. Im a little gunshy about Nates alts (excessive amperage) I know 4 people that have had serious problems with his alts.


email dom here :

[email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 2 2005, 10:27 PM~3742933
Id go with an alt from Dominick Iraggi, I have 4 of his alts and they have always performed well for me. Im a little gunshy about Nates alts (excessive amperage) I know 4 people that have had serious problems with his alts.
email dom here :

[email protected]
Have you been under a rock the last two years? :dunno:

Alot has changed with both of those situations...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 2 2005, 09:34 PM~3742969
Have you been under a rock the last two years?  :dunno:

Alot has changed with both of those situations...
2 of my friends bough alts from Nate within the past 6months and another bought one about 2months ago. Do you run one of his alts? Id love to get one since its 110bux cheaper than one from Dom, but I dont want to buy an alt that dies or doesnt do what its supposed to do.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 2 2005, 10:58 PM~3743118
2 of my friends bough alts from Nate within the past 6months and another bought one about 2months ago.  Do you run one of his alts? Id love to get one since its 110bux cheaper than one from Dom, but I dont want to buy an alt that dies or doesnt do what its supposed to do.
Then don't buy one from Dom ;)

I run a 140 amp GM alt...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 2 2005, 10:02 PM~3743138
Then don't buy one from Dom  ;)

I run a 140 amp GM alt...
I know Dom's alt will perform, I just wanna be a cheapass :(
a 140amp alt would die in my car :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 2 2005, 11:07 PM~3743170
I know Dom's alt will perform, I just wanna be a cheapass :(
a 140amp alt would die in my  car :(
So will one from Dom, IF you even get it after you pay for it... ;)

If you are lucky enough to get it, it will be DOA, or shortly after install...

Then have tons of fun trying to get him to make good on it... :uh:

[/rant]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I only have an Alpine deck - I disconnected the amp and just ran the 4 6x9's from the stereo instead of the amp. I want to upgrade with door speakers, front speakers, and two 10's in the rear seats. I have to get a bigger alternator. Thanx for the links. The car runs fine now as long as I don't put anymore strain on that small 60 watt alternator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 4 2005, 07:48 PM~3751790
what equipment do you have in your car???
car A
RE xxx 6.5 components and Crossfire vr804
2 Treo SSX 15s and 2 Crossfire vr 2000ds


car B
RE re6.5 and Crossfire vr404
2 RE SX 15s Crossfire vr2000d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 5 2005, 06:24 AM~3754488
So will one from Dom, IF you even get it after you pay for it...  ;)

If you are lucky enough to get it, it will be DOA, or shortly after install...

Then have tons of fun trying to get him to make good on it...  :uh:

[/rant]
I take it you've had a bad experience with Dom :(

Ive ran his alts for a couple years now and I havent had any problems, Im just pissed now that a 260amp alt costs more than the 300amp alts I bought just a year ago.. :mad:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top