LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a decent bag setup... i dont care if you dont have bags, i need everything else and ill get the bags myself... if you have bags, thats cool too-- im doing my senior project bagging my minitruck, so i need it soon!!! pm me!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as little as possible haha... if i cant get something basic for under 5-600, ill just get what i need to bag the rear for now... something is gonna be going up and down!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brians right you cant get any help from people here, all you get is clowns who dont wanna help they wanna keep people out

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a GOOD friend of mine has a b/ded mazda and he said full frame clip and all i can bag the rear for 500, so im looking for a basic setup... how slow are manual valves, and what would it cost in the future to run 1/2 electric?

·
Registered
244 Posts
alright man, heres the deal.

like said above, you get what you pay for.

now with that idea aside. why dont you go look at some internet sites and see for yourself how much it is going to cost.

you want to drag? you might want to get under your truck and take some measurments and see if it will even lay out without doing a c notch or tower notch.

then you need to decide how fast you want your truck to move, that will let you know what size valves and line you will need. also you need to decide how much 'play' or switch time you want, this will designate tank and compressor size. do you want gauges in the car? how many switches do you want? do you want to be able to do front/back/side/side movement? with some vehicles, if the rear bags (and front bags) share a common air space, then when you turn there is more pressure on the outside bag and it will shift air into the inside bag, if that makes sense...sometimes causing bad body roll. a sway bar can cure this as well as having independant corners. but then again this doesnt happen on all cars, and i dont think it would be bad on your truck because its so small.

also youll need to decide what kind of suspension you are going to use? does your truck have leafs? 2 link? 3 link? the best is a 4 link if you can afford and fabricate it yourself. if youre not familiar with suspension setsups i suggest you do some research.

about people being clowns, every day there is someone who posts about "how much will a bag setup cost, what all do i need? how fast is it going to be?" it gets very annoying because they dont give any details, any price range, and they dont bother to do any research themselves. no one here is a god who knows ALL. we can only give reccommendations.

with that said i know you can get a setup for under 600, BUT it wont be that high of quality and its performance wont be all that spectacular.

if you want to have a nice truck down the road, with the front bagged and everything, you might as well bite the bullet and do it right the first time, it will prevent headaches further along in the project.

www.suicidedoors.com
www.jpkustoms.com
www.fbimini.com
www.innovativeairsuspension.com

are all some good places to look for bag setups.

oh and manual valves dont HAVE to be slow, its just that most people who use manual only use 1/4 line and valves because they dont care about speed and hittin switches.

good quality 1/2 valves will cost you...but then again good quality of anything will be $$$

i hope that helped a bit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found a rear only kit for 250 w/ a step notch... a buddy of mine is an amazing fabricator, he said he can easily make me a 4link, bridge, brackets... heck we're gonna either cantilever or bag on the links... the only reason ive been cruising the forums is to see if i could get a better deal on a used/basic full ride kit... i do have everything figured on what i want, i was hoping for 1/2 valves, but if i find a nice setup 3/8 isnt bad either... i would like to hit sides, so 8 valves is what id need there... as playtime goes, id be fine with a 5 gallon tank for now, where i live everyone hates my truck cuz im so low... and my sub is loud... the only time id screw around is at shows (once in a blue moon around here, theres like 3-4 in the summer) or downtown in the city... liek a 40 minute drive... so 5 gallon tank, viair 450 comp... thats about it, if y'all are parting out a system let me know

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
yeah, people dont like to deal with " i dont wanna spend any money" because you get what ya pay for. and you just gotta pay to play

·
Registered
161 Posts
You might be able to get a rear kit from AIM for 500 bucks. But a cheap compressor is a 150.two bags 120 bucks 4 valves at 40 a piece is another 160. then you need airline-fittings-gauges-relay-dragblocks since you wanna drag-tank-petcock for tank-teflon tape-switchbox-8awg pwr wire for your comp-bag brackets- prolly missing something most of the stuff I priced fairly cheap you go price the switchbox and shit your way past 500 so dude plan on spending the buxxx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts